4.06.2009

What's Up?

Can you guess what song I'm singing today?

I'm walkin' on sunshine, whoa-oa
I'm walkin' on sunshine, whoa-oa-oa
I'm walkin' on sunshine, whoa-oa
And don't it feel good?

That's right. Semester finished (minus one last take-home test due Friday but compared to what I've been doing, that should be cake). I did turn in a shoddy essay on Saturday but at that point, I was just happy to have it over with. Once I realized I only had to get a 46% on the essay to still get an A in the class, I just didn't care any more. Here is a conversation I just had with Mads:

M: Mom, I wish you didn't take your school class.
Me: Why not, Maddie?
M: 'cause then you wouldn't have to spend your whole life on homework.

Hmmm. It's a good thing I have reconsidered my work load and I will only be taking one class a semester now, not two. That should alleviate all kinds of stress around here.

OK, so here's what we've been up to the past couple of weeks:

Maddie's been hanging out with her Uncle Quinton:



Check out that awesome beard!! Actually, G & G Davis, Lincoln, Quinton, & Catherine all got to hang out with us yesterday during Conference. It was tons of fun! Thanks for coming to visit!!

Lane's been learning how to crawl!
(check out the view I got when I tried to take some pictures the other day - he REALLY wanted to play with the camera!)










He is crawling around so well these days - I can't believe it! On one hand, I love his newfound mobility and independence, but on the other hand...can't he just stay a baby for a little while longer? And seriously, who crawls at 5 1/2 months?

The boys have been doing a whole lot of this:



Yes, unfortunately we have been watching way too many movies at our house! Some of the favorites are: Robin Hood (Disney's cartoon version), The Incredibles, and...who am I kidding? They watch these two OVER and OVER again. Maddie has to do a whole lot of persuading to get to watch Cinderella every once in a while!

And that's about it. Well, not really, but I better save something for another day.

And don't it feel good?




*a big thank you to my good friends & family members who so generously volunteered to watch my kids for several hours so I could get homework done; I honestly don't know how I would have made it without your help! A more formal, edible thank you is coming your way later this week :)

5 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

Oh, I LOVE that feeling of having a semester overwith!!! It's the greatest! I'm glad you had a fun and relaxing conference weekend with your family!

Davis Family said...

Ya! I am so glad that you were able to get done with all your schooling stuff. It sounds like you had a stressful week, but now its all over. And then to top it all off you were able to spend time with family! (Who knows maybe in a few months we might be moving near you?!). I can't believe Lane is crawling, he is getting so big too fast.

lyssamcaleavy said...

Tressa, I'm so happy the semester is over. WOW! Lane is starting to crawl. These kids are growing too fast. I'm so happy you have a little break from school. love ya

Marla said...

Good for you Tressa! Probably the last thing you needed was for us to barge in on you and your family. Sorry about that! But thank you so much for the fun, delicious and relaxing experience. I am so glad we were able to visit with you and the family and Quinton and Kathryn. Thanks a lot for everything! Love ya all!

Unknown said...

Your boys are so sweet, they can come and play any time! They both crack me up.