11.04.2008

Tuesdays with Tressa

Here's the post where I let you into my mind for a few moments and you get to see, if even for a moment, what goes on in there. It promises to be boring for some of you, but it is a good outlet for me, so read on...or not.

We live in a scary world. And today has been a little more frightening than most. Over the entire course of this past year, the one recurring thought that I've had is: 'What happened in the scriptures when there was a ruler who ruled unrighteously?' The answer that I've come up with is this: 'Either the righteous become wicked or they are persecuted for their righteousness.' So, as one who strives hard to be counted among the righteous, I'm a little concerned about our newly elected leader.

I had a little conversation with my 15-year old brother today and I was impressed with him. He expressed his own concern about the election results and had some very mature insights about it all. We talked about how we will not be forsaken, no matter how difficult times may be, as long as we remain faithful.

A person could really fall into the 'depths of despair' about the world today. There is uncertainty and wickedness all around us. But...as we have always been admonished by the prophets and other Church leaders, we need to be optimistic and have faith in a Heavenly Father who loves us and will not leave us comfortless.


"To despair is to turn your back on God."
- Marilla Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables

4 comments:

Katharine said...

Tressa, Lane is so cute. please keep the pictures and memories coming. I love reading about them. It makes me feel closer to you guys! Miss you guys!

Davis Family said...

I have to agree with you about being a little concerned with our new president. It was a little tense at our house last night :) But like you said we must press forward with faith and maybe get involved in our own communities to make a difference. I love the pictures of Lane, he kind of looks like Maddi. He is adorable!

Vandee said...

Thanks for the look in your head. You have a fabulous writing style. I love reading your thoughts. One of Sam's students declared they were moving to Canada. However we still can look at the bright side and hope for the best. I refuse to let someone get me down or despair. I love the quote.

Marla said...

aahh Marilla, now that was one wise woman. Seriously though I love that quote and think about it often because I think it is a true statement. Have a great day!