11.06.2008

Thankful Thursday

I have been feeling overwhelmed lately with the many blessings that are abundant in our life. There are too many to list, but I'm going to at least document a few (in no particular order):

  • our extended family members, who always give us so much love & support, even though they don't live near
  • my mom, who came & stayed with us for a few days after Lane was born and basically saved my sanity by making meals, playing with the kids, cleaning my kitchen, and being my listening ear
  • Jeff's mom, who has also helped us out by making meals, watching the kids so I can do homework (and also a ton of babysitting while I went to my testing at the hospital & other doctor's visits), cleaning my kitchen, and being on the lookout for decorations for my AWESOME Christmas tree that scares me to think about decorating by myself
  • these cute dimples, because they help me to stop thinking about all the messes that have been, are currently, and will be created by this kid

  • good friends & neighbors (including 2 who have recently had babies of their own) who have brought meals to our family - I have really been spoiled
  • good friends & neighbors who have spent countless hours watching my kids while I have gone to doctor's appointments, hospital visits, and just so I could have a little bit of time alone to get things done
  • these four amazing children who give me lots of reasons to smile & laugh every day

  • my good health & speedy recovery - I feel really good and was actually thinking about going running this weekend (we'll see)
  • a beautiful new baby boy, who is just an angel and we love him to pieces!
  • Halloween is almost a year away; although I love the kickoff to the holiday season, it is not my favorite holiday by any stretch of the imagination and I feel badly that I don't have more fun dressing my kids up...but aren't they cute anyway?

  • my thoughtful, charming, amazing, hardworking husband: not only has he been dealing with the craziness of a household with a newborn, he finished studying for and took a huge professional exam 2 weeks ago, he goes to work early & often comes home late (today he put in about 15 hours), and he still manages to be the best dad to our children and the best husband to me
  • the Gospel of Jesus Christ that makes it all worthwhile

4 comments:

Marla said...

Cute cute pictures! Of course they are cute cute children in the pictures.

Marla said...

Cute cute pictures! Of course they are cute cute children in the pictures.

Marla said...

Cute cute pictures! Of course they are cute cute children in the pictures.

Marla said...

I don't know what happened I think I made my point anyway!