Since my posting has been a little sporadic lately and I haven't been good at getting pictures up, I have a new goal to see how many days in a row I can post something. This post won't have any pictures but I promise to post new pictures as soon as I get my camera batteries charged.
Today's chattering is dedicated to my wonderful husband Jeff. It was 8 years ago today that we officially started dating. On that night, Jeff picked me up from work and we went back to his house and watched Pure Country together. We realized on our first date that we had a mutual fondness for George Strait but I had never seen the movie so Jeff made it his duty to introduce it to me for the first time :) I thought it was very thoughtful and loved it.
It was that night that Jeff held my hand for the first time (he maintains his position that I had been playing hard-to-get on our other dates - I wasn't). After the movie, we sat in his parents' basement and talked for a few more hours, until 3 in the morning. It was all downhill from there. From that point on, we basically saw each other every day until we were married, and it has only gotten better since then.
I will say that I did not expect to fall so hard for Jeff. In fact, I didn't even want to go on the first date with him (it was a blind date so that had nothing to do with him personally) but I knew he was special the moment I saw him. And I am so glad that he felt the same way, even though I pretty much made a fool of myself at the end of our date when I said something stupid. (If you really want to know what I said, you'll have to ask me in person...it's a little too dumb to let the whole world see).
So, to the best friend and husband a girl could ask for: thanks for the best 8 years of my life and I'm looking forward to an eternity full of memories with you!!
5 comments:
Tressa-
I've been blog hopping and looking on the internet and finding all kinds of long lost friends the last couple of days. You were my visiting teacher in Flagstaff and babysat Joy when I went back to school. Congratulations on your new baby boy.
Amanda Rogers
http://joyblucyk.blogspot.com/
Tressa-I loved your sweet words...I can't believe it's been 8years since your first date. You guys are a great couple and are perfect for eachother. I am dying to hold baby Lane. Only 47 more days :)
You two make a wonderful duo. You have a great gift of appreciation. What a wonderful family you are.
I love LOVE stories.
Love your trip down memory lane! You & Jeff are so good together.
Post a Comment