With that being said, know that I am {now} completely comfortable with my incompetency in this area. I have come to the realization that while I do not possess the photography talent, there are other areas of expertise that I can claim. So, just in case you wanted to know, here's what I do instead of taking pictures:
I am a baker - I make a mean chocolate chip cookie, chicken pot pie, and homemade bread
I am a fast reader and I'm a good speller
I remember things: dates, phone numbers, trivia, etc.
I can sing
I can play the piano
I am a fast typer
In general, I can keep my house pretty clean
I am good at math
I like to write and have sometimes turned out some pretty decent words
I can shoot hoops with the best of them (including my brothers, dad, husband, and father-in-law, who still holds the record at his high school for most free throws in a row)
I am a mom (whether I'm good at it or not is irrelevant, I think there is talent in just the being)
I am a fast reader and I'm a good speller
I remember things: dates, phone numbers, trivia, etc.
I can sing
I can play the piano
I am a fast typer
In general, I can keep my house pretty clean
I am good at math
I like to write and have sometimes turned out some pretty decent words
I can shoot hoops with the best of them (including my brothers, dad, husband, and father-in-law, who still holds the record at his high school for most free throws in a row)
I am a mom (whether I'm good at it or not is irrelevant, I think there is talent in just the being)
So there you have it. Just in case you were wondering.
9 comments:
I love your list of talents. Some people have more talents in the "hidden" department while others are more obvious. P.S. I'm not a photographer either!
that was an awesome post :) you are super talented who cares if you get it all on film ! yea!
Tressa,
You don't know me but my maiden name is LeCheminant. I was raised in Bountiful, Utah and my father is Eli Stanford LeCheminant and my grandfather was Eli David LeCheminant. I know you married into this family (by reading your blog) but was wondering how we are related? All the LeCheminants are related somehow.
My daughter found your blog from a friend of a friend while serching and reading blogs. I loved your comments about your talents. I like the fact that you are proud of what you do and can claim simple everyday things as talents because they truly are. Keep up the good work with your darling family!
Wendy LeCheminant Weisenburger
Tressa,
You don't know me but my maiden name is LeCheminant. I was raised in Bountiful, Utah and my father is Eli Stanford LeCheminant and my grandfather was Eli David LeCheminant. I know you married into this family (by reading your blog) but was wondering how we are related? All the LeCheminants are related somehow.
My daughter found your blog from a friend of a friend while serching and reading blogs. I loved your comments about your talents. I like the fact that you are proud of what you do and can claim simple everyday things as talents because they truly are. Keep up the good work with your darling family!
Wendy LeCheminant Weisenburger
oops! sorry it was added twice! I goofed up!
Wendy,
I asked my father-in-law if he knew anything and he said he had met an Eli LeCheminant in 1970 at the SL Temple. He was a worker there but he said his middle name was Davis, not David. He wasn't sure of the relationship at all. It would be fun to figure it out though. Thanks for commenting, it is always fun to find connections.
Tressa
Tressa, you are great and you are right you do put out some terrific "words". I am glad you are comfortable with who you are. That alone is an important attribute. And I think you are decent at photography may just not enough pictures though.
I'm no good at photography either. You and I should shoot hoops sometime. Once in high school I beat a whole class of boys in P.E. in "speed". One of the proudest moments of my life. ;)
Tressa, You are one of the most amazing people I've ever known. I could add a hundred things to that list! I especially love your patience, your wisdom, and your devotion and love for your family.
Post a Comment