3.12.2008

Murphy's Law

Why is it that the day that I clean my kitchen floor is the day that everyone decides to make a mess on it? Within one hour of finishing my floor yesterday, three or four sticky, messy catastrophes had already managed to happen on my freshly mopped floor. Sometimes I wonder why I even try. Aaaah!

*while I was mopping, Cade tried to walk across the wet floor to me, but ended up sprawled out like Bambi on the frozen pond. Madlyn & Cole thought that looked pretty fun; and after repeated warnings from me that it would NOT be fun and would actually hurt, they decided to try it anyway. By the time I finished, all three kids were sitting on my kitchen floor crying because they had gotten hurt from slipping on the wet tile. Does it make me a mean mom if I found that kind of humorous?

8 comments:

Bethany M said...

At least you can have the piece of mind knowing that the floor was mopped at one point. :) For me, it's all about checking that task off my to-do-list and feeling like I accomplished something.
It is definitely a funny scenario, but only because no one was seriously hurt.

Bethany M said...

Okay, it says you posted this at 3AM!? Are you serious!?

Tressa said...

I had a rough night last night & found myself up between 2:30 and 3:30...very atypical for me, I usually sleep like a log.

Chad~Nicole said...

It only took Canon one time falling on the wet floor to learn his lesson. Now he very patiently sits on the carpet until I finish mopping.

Morris Mama said...

What? We are supposed to MOP the floor?

Stacy said...

I'm with Alys. Or, we should all get dogs.

Marla said...

Remember when we lived in the little house and I had mopped the floor. That night we had macaroni and tomato sauce and I believe everyone in the family spilled theirs. I guess there is a bit of "told you so" humor when you tell your children that something is good for them and they have to experience themselves before they understand. Of course I would never chuckle at my children's misfortunes, not me. Maybe if I had written a blog when I was younger I could have laughed at it all easier!!! love you all!

Marla said...

correction--isn't good for them.