I took Madlyn & Cole to the Easter Pageant last night with Jeff's brother Jamey, his wife Katharine, and her brother Bobby. It was exciting for them, especially Madlyn, because she knows the story of Christ's life and death so well. Maddie was ALL questions the entire time. I love that she is so curious about things, and this was no exception. Her questions continued into the night..."Why were the people who killed Jesus so mean? Is it because they don't have any friends and are sad?" My favorite comment from her was this, "I felt a little sad when they killed Jesus but it was OK because it was so important."Cole was a little jittery and didn't sit still for the play but went back and forth between me & Jamey. Jamey kept giving Cole little tidbits of information and Cole would run over to me and share it. "Mom, they are going to kill Jesus." "Mom, Jesus lives today!" "Mom, Jesus was resurrected. He did it!"
For me, the Easter Pageant allowed some time to reflect on my feelings about the life, death, and resurrection of Christ and for my own testimony to be strengthened. It was a great experience and I was grateful for the opportunity to share it with my two precious children.
6 comments:
i miss seeing the easter pageant every year! i love that you brought the kids. sounds like they loved it. :)
I can't wait to take our kids next week! I didn't realize it had already started.
This is one of my most favorite Easter traditions & I can't believe I'm going to miss it this year! It's memories & moments like that bring tears to my eyes. Your kids are so sweet.
I am so glad they enjoyed the pageant. What wonderful sweet children and I can't wait to see them soon.
I am excited for this year, too. Merrek won't stop talking about going. Kids make everything more exciting.
Your kids are so smart! We love reading your blog and wish we would be able to go see the Easter Pageant this year as part of our tradition.
Post a Comment