Just kiddin'. My in-laws were out of town for a week and a half (when we got all that rain) and when they came home, this is what we found in their garden. So we cut it in half, shredded it, and used it in the yummy zucchini alfredo recipe Nicole shared a few weeks ago. By the way, half of this monster, with the seeds cut out, equaled 6 cups of shredded zucchini. The other half was put in the freezer to use later in bread or something.
I noticed on my sister's blog that the date of her last post is the same as mine...that was when I realized that I really needed to post something because she has the reputation of not blogging often enough. In fact, I was getting really bugged that she hadn't blogged anything in almost 3 weeks...oh yea, neither have I.
We have been quite busy. Jeff has been gone for the past 2 weeks during the week and that has been a little rough. I told him last night on the phone that 'that isn't a fair thing to do to a pregnant lady.' I don't mind doing all the work myself and putting the kids to bed myself (although by the end of the day I am ready for them to get a little shut-eye) but it has been harder on me emotionally than I ever thought. I'm sure it's just because I'm all topsy-turvy being pregnant and all, but I am not used to my emotions being so close to the surface all the time. I swear, someone offers to babysit for me and I start to cry!
I just finished my first class at BYU-Idaho...just barely submitted my last assignment about an hour ago, actually. It was the Orientation class and so it wasn't too demanding on my intellect but I really loved it! I feel so lucky to be able to attend classes from such a great university and I think my family will be blessed as well. I get to register for fall classes tomorrow...exciting! I still feel a little overwhelmed with the prospect, but so excited as well. I'm hoping for some great experiences!
Just a quick side note: Today I feel extremely grateful for the blessings that my family and I enjoy. It is so easy for me to get overwhelmed with the difficulties and worries that life brings but deep down, I know that we really do have it good. Life may not be the bed of roses I would like it to be, but I am immensely blessed to have an amazing family and the Gospel that makes it all worth while. And all in all, I know we are being taken care of and watched over. In the end, everything will be all right.
5 comments:
Glad to see you have posted some more news! It was funny because it was just yesterday I told Buck that you haven't posted in a while, which is very unlike you. But I know that sometimes life is more important that blogging :) I have a hard time letting Buchanan come home from work and then go back to the library to study some more. I go a little crazy! And I know that it is twice as hard on you in your situation! Just remember that soon that LSAT will be over. Congrats on finishing your class. I need to get started on my classes, but I guess I have just been too lazy.
Boo for Jeff being gone! Yeah for the feeling of accomplishment with your classes! Hang in there. And...I'm glad you tried the recipe. Was it a hit at your house too?
Wow! That is huge! And I thought our garden was doing good.
holy zuchini!!!
sounds like you have been BU-SY! I am excited to come see you this month. I will call to set up a time for this week or next!
Oh and thanks for not being annoyed with Nash today! He is definitely 18 months old right now... He loved Kade though!
Helloooo thank is the most mongo Zuchini I have ever seen! I want a garden so bad just for the ONE reason....ZUCHINI! I will have to get your advice when the time comes.
You are so awesome to be doing a million things....school, primary, mommy, and on and on!!!!
Post a Comment