OK, this pregnancy has been a complete different experience (and in some ways harder) for me than any of my others. Actually, I have physically felt better than my other pregnancies and that is definitely a blessing. I think the Lord knew that I could not handle one more kidney infection...because I have been spared thus far. Whew! I started this pregnancy 10 pounds lighter than I started each of my other 3 and so I think the weight gain has taken longer to take its toll on my body. I am still feeling pretty comfortable and agile (OK, I don't know if I could ever be described as agile, but you know what I mean). For some odd reason, I have been in denial about my tummy getting bigger and have avoided wearing maternity clothes for as long as possible. But I think the bump is here to stay and now that it is starting to move inside and feel like a real baby, I am OK with it. I have yet to experience my usual astronomical swelling of my appendages but I'm sure it will be here soon, what with all the heat and all.So physically I've been good, but...emotionally I have been all over the place. We have been pretty busy and have had lots of other stresses, so I think the pregnancy stress (eustress, not distress) just added to everything else. But one thing that has made this pregnancy a little more trying than usual is the fact that we got some unsettling results from our first ultrasound. The doctor called me a few weeks ago and let me know that the baby's bowel was brighter than it should be and that that has sometimes been associated with Down's syndrome or other problems. He was very reassuring in telling me that he has seen this before and it has only been indicative of other problems once and that there were other things wrong with that baby. He said that otherwise, our little boy looked extremely healthy and normal. BUT...of course we had to get the triple screening blood work done and a Level II Ultrasound. Logically, I wasn't extremely worried but it was difficult for my emotional side not to imagine the worst. I felt at peace about it all though and knew that even if our baby were to have any problems, he would still be just as precious and a blessing to our family. About 2 weeks ago, we got the results back from the triple screening test and everything was NORMAL. And then on Monday, we had our Level II Ultrasound. It was mostly fun because I wasn't really worried any more. At the end of our appointment, our technician told us that "the doctor probably won't call you with the results, hint hint". We feel pretty confident that our baby boy is normal and healthy and we are so grateful. We feel truly blessed and humbled by this whole experience. On a light note, we were able to get a few 3D shots of our little guy, which was so much fun! I had never seen 3D of any of my others so I was pretty excited!
It might be hard to make out, but the placenta is on the left and his right cheek is smashed up against it. Can you see his cute smile? I wonder if he will come out looking anything like this since he still has about 8 pounds to gain (he only weighs 1 lb. 5 oz. right now and I have big kids), but his smile is totally his daddy's.So that's that. I really am soooo excited for this sweet baby to join our family. We have about 4 months to go still, which is good since I have plenty to keep me busy before then, but I can't wait to meet this precious child of God. I truly feel it a privilege to be a mother and only hope that I can teach my children to love their Heavenly Father and to desire to do good with their lives.
P.S. If you have ANY ideas for a name, please pass them on because we are seriously scrambling to find something that we like. We are pretty traditional but like unique too...nothing too trendy or common. If we can't think of anything else though, we just might have to name him Tuff. :)
8 comments:
I'm SO glad that everything is okay with your baby. I'm sorry that things have been stressful for you lately, but at least that's one less thing to need to stress about! 3D ultrasounds are so cool- we got one with Raelyn but not with the others. It was so neat!
3D ultrasound are fun! I did one with Maggie but I don't think it really showed what she looked like. Congrats on having a boy! That is what I'm having too!
I like the names Spencer and Benjamin.
So glad that everything is okay. Sam & I are also trying to pick a name for our little guy. It is hard to pick. :) I love the pictures. I am also glad that you are feeling good.
I'm so happy he is healthy! As if being pregnant isn't stressful enough then he goes and throws you for a loop. :) I like the names Gannon, Shane, and Dane (but won't use them for obvious reasons). Here are my nephews names to give you plenty of ideas: Micah, McKay, Jacob, Brady, Travis, Preston, Baylan, Brand, Tavin, Becker, Brendan, Justin, Spencer, Braden, Adam, Jared Ammon, Michael, Dallin, and Joshua.
I LOVE the pic of him smiling. He looks so happy to be in your tummy. Glad to hear everything is okay. Naming boys is so much harder than naming girls. Tuff is a good backup name. =}
so glad to hear everything is good so far! the 3d picture is precious, how sweet is that smile???
hey see ya in the morning!
are you wanting to stick with another "name"? or does that matter?
*that was supposed to say "c" name..... sorry
I am glad things are good! Hope you are having fun in Showlow....party on HA
I hear you on the names, I finally just gave up and named her. Maybe its too early but I just got tired of it. I must not be a good pregnant mom. The names above are good ideas. The problem is agreeing and finding one that isnt a COUSIN!
Post a Comment