6.20.2008

A Rare Occurrence

For those of you who wonder if I ever relax, let down my inhibitions, and just cut loose, let me clue you in on a little secret: it does happen...occasionally. (By the way, those of you who have ever seen my interpretative dancing already know this little tidbit). For example, last week I had the opportunity to take a little road trip. This is how it went:

"Love, love me do. You know I love you."
"I want to hold your ha-a-a-a-and."
"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...oh, I believe in yesterday."
"I don't care too much for money, and money can't buy me love. Can't buy me love, love."
"All you need is love!"
"Get back, Loretta!"
"Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Jude. Hey Jude-y, Jude-y, Jude-y, Jude-y, Jude-y, Jude -y!"
That's right. It was three hours of me, the minivan, the open road, and these boys:

It was a fun 3 hours! It took me back to a similar trip 7 years ago when my brand-new fiance let me borrow his truck and all of his CDs to make the drive up to my parents' house. My CD of choice then was the same as this trip: Beatles 1. Good times.

I had the sad realization that the only time I ever let go and have a little fun like this is when I am absolutely and completely alone, usually driving. It makes me feel bad that no one else gets to see the beauty and charm of me singing at the top of my lungs and even bustin' a move every now and then. I'm not sure what happened to me when I became a grownup but I used to be a lot more fun. Hmmm, maybe it's time for a change.

5 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

Ahhh, Tressa...the longer I know you the more I find we have in common. I'm such a Beatles fan. If I could go back in time I would go back to the 60's when they were IT! We should go on a road trip together sometime!! :)

Chad~Nicole said...

If you find a hidden camera in your car, I didn't put it there.

JW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

I let loose in front of my kids pretty often - just to embarrass them. I like to sing really loud when their friends are in the car especially:)

Fuller Family said...

Me, you and Cindy need to start our own Beatles-singing in the car Fan Club! Me and Katelynn call them "our boys" and Kate occasional askes if they are my boyfriends...haha. but seriously I have almost every CD...WE SHOULD PARTY!d