5.15.2008

Now tell me what you really think...



A couple of weeks ago, I had to run to MCC to take care of some school stuff. When we finished, we needed to go to my in-laws' house to drop something off. It was lunchtime so I promised the kids we'd stop and get some lunch. I was adamant about Burger King because they have chicken nuggets on their $1 menu and because I'm a huge fan of the Whopper Jr. I knew exactly where I could find a BK on my way there so I was headed that way. Well, I made a turn down a residential street (not in my original plan, but Alma School didn't go as far north as I expected). Anyways, I'm driving down the street for almost a mile when Madlyn pipes up from the back, "Mom. I think. you might. be losing. control." Haha. Of course I knew exactly what I was doing so I proceeded to tell Madlyn that, "I promise you, I will drive straight to a Burger King. You'll see." We get to the intersection where BK is and whaddya know? Burger King has been changed into a Carl's Jr. I felt a little sheepish trying to explain to Maddie that "Burger King wasn't where Mommy thought it was and we'll have to go to another one." Thankfully she was very forgiving. I'm sure if it had been Jeff with me instead, he wouldn't have let it go so easily!

6 comments:

belle black said...

maddie is such a cutie! tress- i think she looks more like you every day.

Bethany M said...

No one is as honest as a child (not that I think you're losing control)!

Marla said...

That is such a cute picture of Maddie. The phrase "from the mouths of babes" didn't just happen accidently!

The Adams Family said...

Well finally someone said what we all are thinking! Good one! I do that a lot more than i like to admit.

jes said...

your maddie is so cute. and i think she looks so much like you! congrats on a little boy! of course that's what it'll be, because you don't have a name! you had some cute ideas though, so good luck!

Beth Benson said...

tressa! wow. remember me? blogstalking is awesome. I am not quite sure how i found you anymore. well its only been probably well over ten years since i'v talked to you. Beautiful family. its been fun reading some of your posts. I'll have to add you to my list if thats okay :) talk to you more later