Last week was the Fathers & Sons Campout for our ward and Jeff took Cole with him. I tried to convince him that Cade needed some daddy time too, but it didn't quite work. So...Cade got to hang out with Madlyn & me while we did some fun girl stuff. We ran to San Tan Village Mall (I had never been there before) and did a little shopping, nothing too exciting. We met Kim Skinner, Bri Weir, and Tresure Goates & all their girls so we joined them for some yummy dinner at SomeBurros. I guess we cut Madlyn's play time at the mall short because she opted to go back to the mall to play & have ice cream instead of having gelato with everyone else. I was sad that I missed it 'cause I've heard such ravings of how good it is but oh well...I had to settle for a DQ blizzard. OK, I really love DQ (maybe because I'm attached so sentimentally) so I didn't feel too bad. Then we came home and put Cade to bed and relaxed in my bed and watched Swan Princess. Watching a movie is about as good as it gets for Madlyn, she is related to her daddy in that way. I let Madlyn sleep in my bed with me, which is quite the stretch for me since I feel quite strongly about co-sleeping with children. (I am quite proud of the fact that I have 3 very young children and they all go to sleep on their own and stay in their very own beds all night long, but that is a different story). Here is a shot of Madlyn & me as we started the movie.

3 comments:
fun times- Brig is threatening not to go this year. What the heck?! Her bday looks like it was fun. I guess you can relax now that music is over- oh wait no you can't- you crazy supermom,wife,student,etc.....
what a fun night! i love DQ too...mmmm now i want it too!
isn't swan princess the bestest?
ODETTE. ODETTE.
How fun to be able to spend some time with Madlyn. I didn't even know you have music classes at your house. Man you do so much! I feel like I have accomplished something if I am ready before noon each day...
Post a Comment