10.03.2012

I love fall!

A few weeks ago I decided that I should try to have a snack ready for the older kids when they come home from school. They always eat anyways but I figured maybe this would keep them in the kitchen talking to me for a while and maybe they would be able to focus on their homework right away. Well, they LOVE it! And I love having that time to chat with them after their day.

So in October, I thought it might be fun to have fall/Halloween snacks every day. This is what we are having today: candy corn cheesecake mousse. Yesterday we had deviled eggs with olive spiders on top and Monday we had pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. So far the kids are having fun and I am too! It is fun for me to think about it ahead of time and try to be creative.

I am having so much fun getting ready for the holidays! We are working on Halloween costumes and Christmas stuff as well. We were at Hobby Lobby the other day (love that store) and I am pretty sure Callie and Kimber love it too:)

Lane's birthday is coming up and he is so excited about his Halloween birthday! He says he wants a telescope which would be pretty awesome.


1 comment:

Marla said...

cute cute girls. Your candy corn mousse looks yummy. What "fall" treat are you making for Sunday? (mostly kidding)