It might be just me but I'm pretty sure my kids are about the funniest around. Take the twins, for example. Kimber has started this thing where she closes her eyes and thinks that we can't see her. I'm sure that is pretty normal for someone her age but there is something about the way Kimber does it that makes you want to about die laughing. She shuts her eyes tightly so they're all crinkly around the edges but then her eyes aren't really all the way closed so she can peek through.Then she gets this huge smile on her face and turns her head back and forth while you "look" for her. Sometimes she ducks her head and other times she will just throw herself on the ground and try to sink into the carpet:) It's pretty hilarious.
Callie is our little talker. You can even understand her when she talks; it is not just blabber. And she says some pretty cute things. Yesterday she wanted a banana. As I started peeling it and the actual edible banana became visible, she said, "Oh! There you are! There you are, banana!" So stinkin' funny:)
Lane likes my hair. Always has. I think it is getting worse. He really only likes it when I have a ponytail and then he grabs the whole handful of hair, right where the hair band is holding it, and pulls on it and tugs it every which direction. Lately he has started telling me that, "I need yours hair." One night I finished singing to the boys in their room and was leaving when they all started telling me how awesome I am (I know, I'm so lucky). Lane pipes up, "Yea Mom, you have nice hair." I think that my hair may be my only redeeming quality in his eyes:)
Cade is loving school, now that it is his new normal. He is so funny and such a blessing because he likes everything done the proper way and in order and so on Monday afternoons, he gets his whole week's worth of homework out and finishes it all by himself. No direction from me. Just him. He always chooses orange to color with, unless he doesn't have a choice. And his coloring consists of scribbles. The first few days of school, he was not happy because "all we do is color, cut things out, and glue." What can I say? I don't blame the kid.
Cole loves going to the same school that his dad went to. One of the first days that he had P.E., the teacher came up to him and told him, "I know who your dad is." Then he took him into his office and showed him a football that his dad had signed, back when their after-school football team won the championship. So fun. Another thing Cole likes is that he might get to be a Mountain View Toro in high school. Sometimes he and Jeff ride their bikes over there to "see what the Mountain View Toros" are up to. This morning, we stepped outside before school and he heard the marching band practicing. "Mom! The Mountain View Toros are practicing - can I stay out here and listen?"
Maddie is an aspiring chef. She loves to watch cooking shows with her grandma and is always trying new recipes. Some recipes she finds on the internet, others she makes up. A couple of weeks ago, she made a batter, poured it into some mini loaf pans with some canned peaches and made her own version of a cobbler. She made up the entire recipe by herself and it wasn't a disaster. She made deviled eggs the other day and mixed up the mustard, mayonnaise, etc. and just put it on top of the egg yolk instead of mixing them all together. When I told her how you really make them, she smiled somewhat sheepishly and said, "I thought there was something a little funny about them."
All right folks. Here is the evidence; you be the judge. Aren't they about the funniest kids ever? I love them and I am so lucky to have them.
1 comment:
I love your post and I love those kids. Can't wait to see everyone next weekend. Maybe Madds ought to try her hand at "pickle crunche'.
Post a Comment