9.10.2012

Bittersweet

I keep telling Jeff how much I am loving being here in Mesa; I love getting inexpensive produce, I love the grocery store sales, I love swimming in the backyard, I love getting Utah fruit and canning them with my sister-in-law, I love making day trips up to the mountains to visit my parents, I love spending so much time with Jeff's parents, I love our new ward, I love it ALL. But I miss Hewitt. I miss my friends. I miss my ward. I miss the small towns and the green fields. I miss the Cameron Park Zoo and the Mayborn Museum. I miss Movie Night. I miss the fireflies. I miss the Texas accents (I plan on saying y'all for the rest of my life, hehe).  I miss playdates with friends. I miss it ALL.

I think one of the reasons this move has been so hard for me is because I know we won't ever move back. When we moved there, we knew that if things didn't work out or if we didn't like it, we could always move back. The thing is, things did work out and we loved it. Our time there was just done.

I am so grateful for Jeff's new job and the opportunity we have to be here in AZ. I will forever be grateful for the years we had in Texas and for the friends and memories that we made. Like I said, bittersweet.

1 comment:

Marla said...

I have gotten out of the habit of checking blogs so was pleasantly surprised when I saw you had posted. I am so glad you had such a positive experience in Texas but I am glad you are closer to home.