10.22.2009

Life is a Never-ending Lesson

Things I have learned (or been reminded of) in recent days:

it is always a good idea to have hot cocoa on hand, just in case the missionaries knock on your door dripping wet and ask if you have anything warm they can drink. it's ok if they have to sit on the front porch to drink it, they probably still appreciate it. it also helps to have plenty of leftovers so they can come back for lunch (when your hubby is home) and refuel themselves.

(according to Mads) "girls rool and boys grool"

me without sleep + those nasty hormones = not a pleasant combination

every moment with my children is a treasure

4-yr. olds are a lot of fun, especially in large groups. they do like to run a lot and scream and if they're boys, growl as loud as humanly possible

smoothies need lots of liquid so that your blender doesn't burn out

if i lose my patience with my children during bedtime, i feel guilty and can't sleep

my husband is as close to perfect as they come

it doesn't really matter what color your cell phone is or how nifty it is

chocolate chip cookies are awesome

children are the best teachers

if you are prepared, you really don't need to fear

laundry should always be folded & put away when it is fresh from the dryer


4 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

Amen to all of that, although I've never experienced the missionaries knocking on the door dripping wet thing. :) I really struggle with patience during bedtime. There have been so many nights where I put them to bed, then go back in and hug and kiss them again and tell them I'm sorry...I can't stand to think that my kids would be going to sleep thinking I was mad at them. I love your posts...keep 'em coming!

Chad~Nicole said...

Love 'em all.

McDougal Family said...

Love this post! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets impatient with my kids at bedtime! :)

Becky said...

Perfectly said! I loved it all! It's amazing how much more you'll see the missionaries in the "Bible Belt" I fed them more in 18 months living in Arakansas than the rest of my marriage!