10.28.2009

Halloween Preview

We had a little Playgroup Halloween Party today at the church for the younger kids. I stayed up late last night and woke up early this morning to make some capes for the boys (Batman for Cole, Superman for Cade). Cade refused to wear his so whatever but Cole has been wearing his nonstop since I finished it around 9 this morning.

While I was doing this project, I decided a few things...#1, I am not a seamstress. #2, it is pretty awesome that I tried it anyways even though I knew very well that I wouldn't be extremely successful. #3, it's OK if it's not done perfectly because Cole loves it anyway and he feels loved because I made it for him. #4, it's also OK to simplify and not feel like I need to do everything perfectly all the time. I have other talents that don't include sewing & crafting and it's OK to focus on them a little more instead of wishing I had someone else's talents.

Wish me luck - I still have to make Madlyn's cape for her witch costume (see how I made it easy - capes for everyone). I don't have to make anything for Lane because he will be sporting the same giraffe costume the other 3 have worn. He sure looks darling in it and I will make sure to post pictures of him & Maddie after this weekend's festivities.

Hope everyone has a happy & safe Halloween weekend!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Cole you make the most nifty and cute batman ever. Aren't you so lucky to have a mom who would make you such a nice cape for Halloween. I hope you have a fun time wearing your costume. Love ya, Grandma

The Whatcott Fam said...

Love it! Camille keeps making me tie her blanket around her neck for a cape. So I went on Etsy and ordered a reversible supergirl/batgirl cape for Christmas. I probably should have thought of making it myself...oh well.

Chad~Nicole said...

What cute little superheroes!

Michelle said...

Tress, Way to go. You don't give yourself enough credit. Those capes are darling and I'm sure a lot of work. I have such precious memories of the kids at Halloween. I'm so glad we had those times and I love the pictures! Love, Gramz

n!c said...

Love the preview. :)