10.19.2009

Happy Birthday Lane!!

Lane celebrated his 1st birthday on Saturday - it is hard to believe he has only been in our family for a year, yet it seems like yesterday that he looked like this:


The Birthday Boy now:


just waiting for his cake


shoveling it in


Man, this is yummy!


don't want to miss a crumb:)



We were all laughing so hard because it literally took the boy about 30 seconds to down his entire cupcake! And then he begged another few bites off of me! I guess he knows what he likes!

We had a fun birthday for Lane. On Friday night, Jeff's sister and her family came down from Dallas and we got to hang out with them for a few hours. They brought him a fun basketball hoop for the bathtub and a puzzle. Of course, Lane is not the only one who liked that gift - the hoop has been suctioned to the bathtub, the sliding door, and the television while the brothers have been practicing their jump shots. It was so fun to have Lyssa, Sean, & kiddos here and we only wish it could have been longer!

Saturday was busy for Jeff, lazy for me. Jeff did a service project and then took Mads & Cole to a gun show, McDonald's and then to run some errands. I hung out with Cade & Lane (who was not feeling well). We lounged around for hours and then finally decided to make a party! We made cupcakes, ate pizza, did a birthday roast and then headed off for our traditional "let the 1-yr. old pick out their own gift" trip to the store (there are some members of the family who think 1-yr. olds don't even need gifts so this is our compromise). Lane picked out a big squishy baseball. Nice. We needed another ball. Cade has been very protective of Lane and makes sure that no one else steals his ball from him.

Things we love about Lane:

Maddie: I love Lane because he is funny and makes me laugh.
Cole: I love Lane because I like his silly faces.
Cade: no comment.
Mom: I love Lane because he is such an easy-going little guy and is happy to just go with the flow.
Dad: I love Lane because he always gives me a smile and his smile is so contagious.

Things Lane loves:

playing with his brothers and sister
hair
his mommy (and her hair)
balls
cars
pulling things behind him
grapes
having "real" conversations
telephones
TV remote
playing outside
cuddles
wrestling with Daddy

Things Lane doesn't love:

when Cade sits on him
getting in his high chair
being left behind

We sure love Lane and are so extremely grateful to have him in our family and that he is healthy and happy. We love you, Laners!!!

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Happy Birthday Lane! I remembered this morning about his birthday, too bad I was late. So we wish him a wonderful birthday. I can't believe he is one, I still picture him as a baby. Those are some funny pictures.

Marla said...

We love you too Lane! I can't believe how big he is getting! He is so cute. Can't wait until next month. Smart boy who knows a good treat when he eats one.