10.16.2009

Cameron Park Zoo

A few weeks ago we visited the local Cameron Park Zoo as a family and got an annual membership so that we can go whenever we want. It's awesome because it only takes about 15 minutes to get there so it is an easy fun activity to do with the family about anytime. Just a few days later, I went back to the zoo with the 3 boys and Cole's preschool. These pictures are from both times and are in no particular order.

Cole with his preschool friends riding on the komodo dragon - it is quite a large group - 9 4 yr. olds!! I get to teach next week - I'm excited but a little anxious to see how we all survive!


my sweet Lane baby - he has the most contagious smile:)


sorry about the blurriness of this next photo but I thought it was cute. The kids loved swinging on the ropes near the orangatan exhibit. Maddie & Cole were both very good at it


Cade checking out the giraffe with his daddy.


the giraffe


the meerkat...do you know why he stands like that? I found out that there is always a sentry meerkat standing guard to protect the rest of the group.


the lazy lion - you should be grateful I gave you this shot and not the one the preschool kids saw - he was lying on his back with his legs stretched out - fantastic view


this picture doesn't do it justice but this was the biggest, ugliest orangatan I have ever seen


the three cuties checking out the tiger


the tiger


I love this zoo! Everything is close together so you don't have to walk a mile between exhibits and almost every single animal was out both times we were there. They have lots of other cool stuff that I didn't get pics of (like a clear slide that goes down into the river otter's exhibit so it feels like you're swimming with them) so I guess I'll just have to keep taking pictures every time we go. I'm guessing that will be quite often.

4 comments:

Marla said...

Fun pictures! I am so glad you love the zoo. I think zoos are good for the kids. It looks like a lot of fun. Someday maybe Grandma can go with you all to the zoo.

Davis Family said...

Looks like you had fun! And now that you have a pass it will be easy to go whenever. What a great family activity!

Michelle said...

A zoo so close! How wonderful. You might have to take Gramps when he comes in Nov. What cuties!

The Whatcott Fam said...

How fun!! That reminds me of the Reid Park Zoo in Tucson. I can't believe Lane is 1- he looks so grown up!