8.06.2008

My Baby Is Growing Up!


So I sent Madlyn to Kindergarten this week - cry, cry. Actually, I pulled off the almost impossible feat (for a pregnant me at least) and didn't shed a single tear. She was super excited and couldn't go to sleep the night before and has been waking up bright & early every morning so that she can get ready to go. Unfortunately, it's been a little bit harder for Mom to get used to our new bedtime & wake-up time :) I still think I need to go to bed at 10:30 or later and then I can't hardly roll out of bed in the mornings. But so far we haven't been late (we were so close today though).

I am sooo upset because I took the cutest pictures of Madlyn on her first day before we left home and then with her friends Raelyn & Merrek who are in her class (yay!) and when I uploaded them onto my computer this morning, somehow it didn't work and they were deleted from my camera and I can't find them anywhere on the computer. Thanks to Cindy I have one so that you can all see how cute she looks with her backpack and new school clothes!

I can't believe my little baby is already in school - I have been having all kinds of emotions running through me. I think the biggest feeling - beyond being super excited for her - is that I haven't done enough to prepare her for the craziness of the world out there. I realize that I won't ever stop teaching her but I am a little paranoid I guess. She is a great girl though and I know she will do so well. Congratulations, Mads!

7 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

You're a great mommy, I'm sure she'll do just fine in that big bad world of kindergarten. :) And...I saw a picture of her on Cindy's blog, and all the girls look adorable.

Michelle said...

It's an emotional moment when your first starts school. Maddie will do so great and she's so ready. I'll miss seeing her as much - how life marches on. I keep saying to myself "Enjoy the journey".

Davis Family said...

Yeah! How exciting for Madlyn and she looks so cute! That is fun that she has some friends in her class, that always relieves some fears. I know Madlyn will do great!

Michelle Bebe said...

well, merrek is super excited to have her in her class!

i do love her cute new outfit!

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

One down ...3 more (at least ) to go! :)

Shawn and Tasha said...

Wow! Maddie's already in the big K? She looks so cute (love the shoes)! I can imagine Clayton being so excited about going it might make me less apt to crying. Early mornings will definitely be a challenge though! I be Maddie's lovin' it already!

Unknown said...

I was so proud that I didn't cry, either, which I fully expected to do!
I wish I could just keep Merrek locked away from the crap out there, but I guess that is just unrealistic.