One of the things that first attracted me to Jeff when I met him was the fact that he was a John Denver fan. I had never before met someone (outside of my family) who appreciated the same kind of music that I did and I was so excited. OK, I'm pretty sure I would have liked him even if he didn't like John Denver but it was definitely cool. We even had my parents sing their classic JD duet at our wedding reception...very fitting.One of my favorite things now is listening to Jeff sing to the kids before they go to bed. While my songs of choice are usually Primary songs (or if we're having a rough time winding down, "I've Been Working on the Railroad"), Jeff opts for the sweet soothing tones of "Country Roads" or "Annie's Song". One night last month, while we were staying at my in-laws' while family was in town, we were both singing "Country Roads" to help the kids go to sleep. Pretty soon I noticed that Cole was quietly singing along and that Madlyn was mouthing the words and playing a little air guitar. :) Very funny, by the way. I was surprised that they both seemed to know all the words.
Since then, we have discovered that indeed, Madlyn & Cole both know all the words to "Country Roads" (at least the ones we taught them - we forgot some of them ourselves) and that they love to perform it. I don't have a digital video camera so you can't all see how stinkin' cute it is but if you want to come over, I'm sure they'd sing it for you.
P.S. I'm a little more proud of this accomplishment than the fact that they both can sing most of the words to Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire".
4 comments:
London JAMS to ring of fire.....they should put together a number for the next primary program - I am sure you could talk Aubrey into it. HA!
Loved the post.
I can atest to the fact that it is indeed "stinkin cute"! I asked Cole to sing it over the phone to Noelle and he had no hesitation. Maddie even sings it with a vibrato and great expression - Yes, stinkin cute!
I think if Cole grew out his hair, got a gigantic collared shirt, and some glasses he might look like John Denver. :) I'll have to ask 'em to sing next time I see them.
Noelle was telling me about Cole boy singing this. Too cute. Maybe at Christmas he'll sing it in person??? What are you guys doing for Jeff's birthday?
Post a Comment