Madlyn: Mom, we have to cut out box tops (while frantically looking on a graham cracker box) and take them to school.
Me: OK. I'm pretty sure we have some we can cut out.
M: Mom, we really have to cut some out. If we don't give the school box tops, then our school won't get any money.
Me: All right. Let's have lunch and we can cut some out later.
M: No, let's find some right now. Raelyn brought box tops and Merrek brought box tops so we have to bring some box tops.
OK, so then she proceeded to look on every granola bar and cereal box (thank goodness I just got about 20 boxes of granola bars for free) and cut out every single box top. It was very exciting for her.
M(with a sigh of satisfaction when she was all finished): box tops are sooo cool.
Cole: Mom, I was snoring while I was resting.
Me: Oh, yeah?
C: Yeah, but I'm OK. It didn't hurt.
Me: Mads, you have some beautiful curls.
M: Thanks, Mom. I like them too.
(pause)
M: Mom, I like the way He made me.
Cole: Mommy?
Me: Yes, Cole?
C: I wuve you.
Me: I wuve you too, son.
C: Mom, you're silly. You say 'wuve'.
Me: OK. I'm pretty sure we have some we can cut out.
M: Mom, we really have to cut some out. If we don't give the school box tops, then our school won't get any money.
Me: All right. Let's have lunch and we can cut some out later.
M: No, let's find some right now. Raelyn brought box tops and Merrek brought box tops so we have to bring some box tops.
OK, so then she proceeded to look on every granola bar and cereal box (thank goodness I just got about 20 boxes of granola bars for free) and cut out every single box top. It was very exciting for her.
M(with a sigh of satisfaction when she was all finished): box tops are sooo cool.
Cole: Mom, I was snoring while I was resting.
Me: Oh, yeah?
C: Yeah, but I'm OK. It didn't hurt.
Me: Mads, you have some beautiful curls.
M: Thanks, Mom. I like them too.
(pause)
M: Mom, I like the way He made me.
Cole: Mommy?
Me: Yes, Cole?
C: I wuve you.
Me: I wuve you too, son.
C: Mom, you're silly. You say 'wuve'.
5 comments:
How funny. Your kids are always full of surprises. I loved it when Madlyn sang all the way up to Grandma's house, it made me laugh.
Oh, the He made me one makes me want to cry. So special!
Don't tell Mady...I throw mine away! Your kids are so cute.:)
nice. sometimes a little girls gotta take the initiative!
I feel like I'm right there in your house when I read these cute conversations. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment