7.14.2008

Happy Birthday Cole!

Tomorrow is my little boy's 3rd birthday - I can't believe it! The time has gone by so quickly, it is hard to believe he is 3 already! Cole has always been such a pleasant little guy, from the second he was born. He is very laid-back most of the time, but has a little stubborn streak in him that I can't quite figure out where it came from. Cole is a snuggler and often comes up to me and gives me a hug and says, "I love you." Most of the time he doesn't want to be a big boy but prefers to be a little boy and says that he "doesn't want to grow up." That is, unless I tell him that he can grow up to be big and strong like his dad and uncles. Here he is:


Cole at 1 year


Cole on his 2 yr. birthday


Cole at 3 years (almost)

Cole just barely learned how to ride his bike without training wheels (actually, he didn't really have to learn. Jeff said he just pushed him off once and he started going). He is really really good at it but the funny thing is, he is scared to death and thinks he's going to fall. So he will be pedaling down the street doing such a good job but yelling & crying the whole time. It is such a crack-up.

Another funny thing about Cole - the other day I accidentally called him 'sweet pea' and he quickly informed me that Madlyn is 'sweet pea', not him. I asked him what he wanted me to call him instead and he said "Big C Courtesy". That is what Jeff calls him, ya know, after the Courtesy Chevrolet commercials. I thought that was pretty funny. He is definitely a daddy's boy. Oh, and he only likes to be told that he is 'sharp', not handsome, because that is what Grandpa Davis called him one time and now every time I call him handsome he gets upset and says that he is not handsome, he is sharp.

Well, Happy Birthday Cole! We love you and are so happy you are in our family.

8 comments:

Davis Family said...

He is such a handsome boy! Wow how time flies by. We are all feeling so much better here. Hope your family is feeling well!

Chad~Nicole said...

Cole-- You look sharp. We hope your birthday is lots of fun.

Bethany M said...

What a sharp lookin' little boy.
Happy Birthday Cole!

Marla said...

Happy Birthday Cole! What a sharp Boy! We sure love you. Grandma and Grandpa Davis

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Happy Birthday Cole!!! Your the BIG FREE now!!!!!

Morris Mama said...

Happy Birthday Cole! What a good guy!

Michelle Bebe said...

well i think big c courtesy is pretty sharp too! what a fun kid to have around! oh and if you remember, tell him i said happy birthday!

Michelle said...

Cole is one in a million! He's so sweet, handsome, loving, sharp, and definitely all boy! I can't believe he's 3!