I thought this was such a cute idea that I had to do it.
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. :) If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
15 comments:
When you first moved into the ward I remember thinking, "I want to be her friend."
And...You wore a maternity dress that I also have. (The peachy/pinky one with flowers.) I thought, if I ever wear that dress to church I'll have to call her first and make sure she's not wearing it too.
This wasn't that long ago but it was still a happy memory...
I remember driving with you and Jeff to the cannery and serving with you in the bishop's store house that day. I was glad I got to hang out with you and got to know you so much better. You looked so lovely in your big blue smock!
I was just thinking about how at night we used to drive Houston crazy with our non-stop talking and he would come into our room and flick coins at us to get us to shut up. And it would just make us laugh and then we would keep talking. We were awesome. Oh yeah and remember how you would go through your daily schedule with me every night?
I always remember the first time I met someone...for you it was when you came to my house for choir practice. You were pregnant with Cole at the time. I think you had to repeat your last name a few times for me to get it! I thought you were pretty cool and I'm glad we became good friends! :)
Oops...I meant you were pregnant with Cade at the time, not Cole!
How about my first memory. First off the labor and delivery wasn't going as well as the doctor hoped. To make a long story short, you were born a "blue baby". Things were pretty stressful for those first several minutes after you were born. Back in those days we didn't usually know in advance what gender our babies were so when you were born we were anxious to find out if you were another boy or a girl. Well because of the circumstances around your birth they didn't tell us, just went to work getting you breathing, etc. They hadn't really been really verbal about the problems so we weren't aware at the time just how serious things could have been. I asked if you were a boy or a girl and they just ignored me. Anyway we were very happy and delighted when finally after just a few minutes you were crying and they finally told us you were a girl and let us hold you. It wasn't until my doctor (who was not there for the delivery, another doctor delivered you) told us later about your slow start that we knew anything about the problems in the delivery room. I was thankful then and even more so now that you are my daughter and I was so blessed to be your mother!
Hey Tressa! I recently had a funny memory! Remember the good ol' days in Mr. Sholten's class. :) One day you wrote me a note in class and said, "Love you tons, turkey buns." I just remember laughing for a long time about that. Plus, that class is where we got to be much better friends. Wow...that was awhile back, but definitly good times. I hope that things are going great for you! I need to come see your adorable family sometime soon. Take care! Love ya tons turkey buns!!! :)
I loved going on walks with you and chatting, having our kids play together & eating your yummy home made mac'n cheese. I tried making it shortly after eating it at your house & totally goofed. Didn't even come close to what you did. I guess you have a special touch.
I also remember seeing you so calm & collect, wonderful home maker with brilliant children. We always felt welcome in your home.
Mill - I seriously don't remember sharing my daily agenda with you but it sounds about right. I was thinking about our exercising at night, especially in those flowered stretch pants. And who can forget about making bread when we were 4, right?
Mom - Remember when I used to come up to you and mess your hair up while I sang "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair"? You were such a good sport to let me get away with that.
Jame - Remember that time we were driving home from Snowflake and we saw something on the side of the road so you stopped and shined your lights on it? It was a dead cow, lying flat on its back with all 4 legs stuck in the air. I started screaming 'cause it was so gross and you just couldn't stop laughing. Good times.
Tressa...I do remember the dead cow incident! That was gross and hilarous all together. Too funny! We had some good times. Also remember, when we cruised the Duece listening to Shania. I always think of you when I hear a Shania Twain song. :)
Happy Birthday! I hope that it is a great day. I need to come see you soon...seriously! I will be moving this weekend, so I think I'll be closer to where you live. Not sure? Where do you live??
Anyways...have a great day! Love you!
I remember when you first moved into the ward and someone told me your name. I tried writing it down a dozen times and I spelled it wrong everytime. I also remember the first visit we made to your home, I walked away thinking how exceptionally mellow you were.
SOOOOOO True I always tell Jamie If I need to decompress I just need to talk to you for a few minutes and soak in your calmness. It is like taking a valium when you speak. Such a nice change from my crazed life. :) Especially the night you called...oh we wont even get into that - and I was ready to utterly break. I think you are the only on in our current ward I let you see that side as I was about ready to SNAP. :) You are a great friend and Jeff is the most lovable home teacher around.
I remember when Buchanan and I first announced to the family that we were going to get married - this was before we were "officially engaged." During that time you started emailing me and we became really good friends even though I had never "technically" met you. I appreciate that because I felt so welcome into the Davis family and grateful to have such a wonderful sister-in-law.
Buchanan's memory of you is when you came home from Ricks to visit and chucked a spoonful of cookie dough at him because he was misbehaving. He thought is was pretty funny. The argument was over how lazy he was and how he didn't treat your mom right. You were probably right.
I remember the first couple times I met you thinking...what did she say her name was? And then when you would call "My husband would say" who is lachemilablahblah...?" I would laugh every time because no matter how many times I told him what it was he would still say it. I remember thinking the first time I came to visit teach you...man that girl is a sweet person. I am definitely not that nice..maybe I should be. You are the sweetest person and I am so glad we are friends!
Tressa-
I remember the 1st time I met you...it was in my parent's driveway. It was at night and you and Jeff were outside. Taylor was a baby. OK, but I'll never forget the time we went down the waterslides at Big Surf. You got me to do it and we laughed and laughed. SO fun. I miss seeing you!
Post a Comment