While I am naturally a late-night owl, it has been quite some time since I have hit the pillow without dropping off to sleep almost instantly. I don't know, something about being up half the night just makes me tired. Maybe the fact that it is hardly ever before 11pm that I even get in bed doesn't help either. Tonight Jeff & I actually settled in bed for the night at about 10:30 but I was so wired that I just kept talking and talking...and feeling sad that he was drifting off because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go to sleep yet and what in the world was I going to do now? Twenty minutes later, I am giving it up and am finally going to write a few of the things that have been going on in my head for the past couple of weeks. First off: the top reasons why this day is a good one and why I am so excited (trust me, it's nothing big).
1) My music class started up again yesterday and I am sooo excited for the weeks ahead; we have some fun new songs and things that we're learning and it will be great fun! I never thought I'd love it as much as I do!
2) Preschool was at my house today and we had a lot of fun...but even cooler is the fact that it isn't my turn for another 5 weeks! j/k I love having these cute little kids over and it really isn't much work but for some reason I always breathe a sigh of relief when my week is over!
3) Cadeson is finally figuring out that he doesn't need to eat at night (or maybe he's just feeling better after teething, ear infections, etc.) and he has been sleeping so well. I finished feeding him tonight and tried to cuddle with him to put him to sleep but he just wanted to get into bed and didn't settle down until I put him there...so cool.
4) I officially only have one child in diapers...yes, that's right. After 11 months of double diaper duty, Cole has graduated to big boy underwear!! He is wearing pull-ups at night still but has been diaper-free since Saturday morning. On Friday night after we bought the new undies I told Jeff that nothing puts fear into my heart quite like the thought of potty-training. But Cole has exceeded my expectations and even used the toilet 2 times today without my prompting! I'm sure we have more road to travel still, but the prospects are looking good.
5) I went to Midweek tonight at Kristy's house and learned all about goal-setting; it was such a great night. Like I told everyone there, I am a self-improvement guru and read all the parenting, marriage, time management, and organizational books I can get my hands on so this was so exciting for me! Unfortunately, I think I spending more time reading about improvement than doing any actual improving. But this time will be different ( I just know it)! I came home with my mind going 100 miles a minute and my tongue even faster - I couldn't wait to tell Jeff all my ideas. We had such a good discussion about our financial and food storage goals, I didn't want to stop. Another one of my new obsessions is food storage and I am busily planning and taking steps to prepare ourselves for the future. It makes me so happy to buy in bulk when things go on sale, I really get way too excited about stuff like that. We also talked about my garden that I am really going to plant this year (my good intentions weren't quite good enough last year) and I can't wait!
So anyways, it was a good day and I feel very grateful for these and all the other little blessings that make up my life.
1 comment:
I wished I would have gone! I am the same way, but probably worst at following through. I think we are all a little like that. We could probably swap self improvement books since between the two of us we likely have them all.
Post a Comment