12.30.2007

Can I Have Some Grandpa's Juice?

Let me tell you a little bit about my dad. He is a character. You know the fruit drink mix from the cannery? Well, he mixes a gallon of that stuff up almost every day when we are visiting. The funny thing about it is that he adds way more water than he is supposed to and it results in a very weak, watered-down version that nobody likes but him. This drink has been dubbed "Grandpa's Juice" and the kids love to have it when we're here. The last few times we've been here, they didn't have any so it was somewhat disappointing for Maddie & Cole. In anticipation of our latest visit though, Dad made sure he had some on hand and informed the kids that they could have Grandpa's Juice when they got here. I think they were more excited about the Grandpa's Juice than anything else...they even talked about it on the drive. Sure enough, within ten minutes of us getting here on Friday, Madlyn & Cole were in the kitchen with Grandpa, mixing up a gallon of his special brew. Mmmm, good stuff.

5 comments:

Fuller Family said...

yeah... I don't even like that stuff when its mixed right. Kids like the weirdest stuff!

The Whatcott Fam said...

That's so cute- your kids will probably remember that forever! For example, I still remember that my grandma would give me orange juice mixed with 7-up with my breakfast sometimes- I would freak out if my mom or MIL gave that to my kids for breakfast!

Chad~Nicole said...

Everything's better at grandpa's.

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

And here he thought watering it down would keep the others away!

Class and Sass said...

That is so cute!