- My younger brothers got a Wii for Christmas and we rocked it up playing Guitar Hero and I loved it! I could have done it for hours but had to take turns so I only got the chance to work up to Medium skill level; Stanton was awesome playing Hard. It was fun bowling with Jeff and I beat him, AGAIN (we met at a bowling alley and yea, I'm pretty sure I was better).
- My mom, Madlyn, & I went to Ariann's baby shower and had fun playing fun baby games and visiting with some old friends. Ariann is married to my younger bro and their baby boy is due in April. It was great getting to see them since they are in Provo at BYU and we don't get to see them too often.
- We were introduced to the world of politics (Jeff & I have had little or no previous interest in this area) and were converted! It was fun watching the lead-up to the Iowa caucus and even my high school brothers enjoyed watching with us. It is a good thing though that we all have very similar views on this subject because we're all pretty stubborn in our opinions...but no heated discussions this time!
- My 3 younger brothers and I stayed up until the wee hour of 4am one night, just talking. Quinton, Stanton, and Lincoln are 20, 18, and 14 and I feel pretty privileged that they enjoy talking to me, their older and just a tad bit bossy sister. I'm not sure if I gave them any good advice or not but it sure was good for me to chat with them. I feel so grateful for them and for the good examples that they are for my kids.
- Stanton turned 18 while we were there and he actually stayed home with us and played games instead of going out with friends. And that was after he M.C.'d the program at my Grandma's Christmas party. What a good guy!
- Grandma Hope's Christmas Party...we've been having this party for as long as I can remember, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. If you ask my grandma, she can tell you the exact number but I think she has something like 35 grandkids and about that many great-grandkids. It was a good night of eating, visiting, and lots of good talent. Some of my cousins sang songs, my Aunt Sharon recited a couple of poems, my Grandad recited an all-time favorite about a prospector and a mule, Uncle Ashley sang some songs, and then my dad closed it out with a little guitar and song. As my dad sang, I couldn't help but feel grateful for this great family and all the fun memories that we have together. I don't know the name of the song and I can't tell you all the words, but I'll end with a few that reflect much of what I felt that night and always.
I LOVE THOSE DEAR HEARTS AND GENTLE PEOPLE,
WHO LIVE AND LOVE IN MY HOME TOWN.
WHO LIVE AND LOVE IN MY HOME TOWN.
1 comment:
I love those dear hearts and gentle people too. I really enjoyed reading all of your new blogs. You really make things seem so great! And actually I do love my family and think they are the greatest. I really enjoy reading what you write about the family and your little family too. Love, mom
Post a Comment