
The other night the Slaters were over for treats and the kids were playing so nicely in the toy room while the adults were chatting it up in the kitchen. At one point, Maddie & Ethan came in with a little pail full of wheat. Although the toy room closet is where I keep my food storage, I wasn't quite sure how they had gotten into the wheat so easily. But then we remembered that we had poured two cans of wheat into the bottom of Cole's plastic basketball hoop to weigh it down; otherwise it would tip over every time you would shoot a basket. They had opened the hole and poured wheat into the bucket. Anyways, we of course, asked Madlyn & Ethan to please put the wheat back into the hoop and we adults went back to our chatting. A few minutes later the Slaters were getting ready to leave and we all walked into the toy room to pick things up. I heard Katie ask the kids (in a somewhat shocked voice) what in the world they were doing. Ethan says, "We are hiding handfuls of wheat for food storage." Uh-oh. Yep, you guessed it...little handfuls of wheat were hidden EVERYWHERE in the toy room, in the closet, on top of the bookshelf, inside Cole's push toy, on the Play-Doh art table...everywhere. Some even managed to make it into my living room onto the LoveSac, the couch, and all over the floor. All I could say was, "I'm so glad you guys are learning about food storage! What a great thing!"
I couldn't help cracking up while vacuuming the food storage up, as my vacuum sucked probably several cups of wheat up in about 30 minutes. Yes, it took me about that long because I had to go over every section of floor at least twice just to make sure everything got picked up. Haha.
7 comments:
That is hilarious!!
Sounds like you had a much better sense of humor about it than I would have had!! Of course it's funny to me because it wasn't all over my house!
That's too funny! I wonder if my kids think we are hiding our food storage?
I love reading the stories about your kids. They are so cute. You are a pretty awesome mom for not getting upset, but what can you say, that is a pretty funny and unique thing kids will do!
Tressa, I don't think I could ever imagine you getting upset. You're just one of those moms who is always so calm and collect! You are such an awesome mom! And yes, I'm glad it wasn't my house!:-)
Did you empty the vacuum bag and make a loaf of bread?
I can't tell you how cute Madlyn is in Primary. She sits so reverently with her sweet smile. She picks up on things quickly. That's hilarious about the food storage.
Post a Comment