So so it's been a while. I know, the blog just gets neglected sometimes. Not that it isn't important to me but I've got at least 5 other things (people) that come first. And that doesn't include the two that are beginning to take up large amounts of space inside of me:)
I've been wanting to post the latest ultrasound picture of our little babies but sweet Maddie stashed it in her room somewhere and for the life of us, we can't find it. I have another appointment on Friday though, so we will get another shot and I vow not to let her get at it before I can post it:)
With Cole out of school since the 20th of May and Madlyn getting out last Thursday, summer is officially here! We are loving the lack of schedules and rushing to get anywhere. Once I go out and purchase a maternity swimming suit though, we will be hitting up the pool at the Y at least a couple of times a week - we're so excited!
After months of being a horrible, no-good mother/wife/housekeeper, I am starting to feel better and get back into my groove. Today was wonderful! We had planned to go to the park for the library's summer reading kick-off but it poured rain for most of the day. We opted to stay inside instead. We did chores, read books, worked on schoolwork, played Scripture Charades, worked on being more consistent with discipline, watched some shows, washed/folded/put away about 8 loads of laundry, played a little Super Mario Bros. (the original - awesome), some of us got to take naps, and I even got to sneak in some phone time with my SIL. I am so happy. Thankfully for me, when my dear husband came home starving from work and I was still on the phone with his sister and there was no sign of dinner, he didn't complain but just grabbed something quick and easy to go. He really is the coooolest.
Life is good. Jeff is busy at work, with his calling (speaking of - will he EVER get home from mutual?) and being the best dad & husband in the world! I am getting bigger every day and have finally overcome my aversion to the best chocolate chip cookies in the world (my own). Madlyn keeps busy helping me, playing with her brothers, and basically being the best big sister in the world. Cole is learning to read (he surprised me today with how well he did) and is learning to be more responsible & do chores, and is about the best little Wii player in the world! Cade likes to pretend to be Pablo, Tyrone, or Austin from "The Backyardigans", is learning to do chores, and is about the best little ball player in the world! Lane is learning how to talk a ton, keeps getting ear infections (poor guy), and in spite of it all, is about the cutest and happiest little boy in the world!
That's about it - Happy June y'all!!
2 comments:
We are excited to see everyone in a few weeks! What are your plans exactly? Glad that everything is going well and that you are feeling a little better!
It was so so fun to catch up. I'm glad you're feeling better! Oh, and I second your c.c. cookies being the best. They are the yummiest!
Post a Comment