We had a fun day today celebrating our dad - I hope that he felt loved and pampered! Unfortunately, he woke up to a crying wife due to some printer malfunctioning that I had been working on for 2 hours (since 5:45 am) that I really needed to figure out for church. But he saved the day and got his yogurt w/blueberries and homemade granola & toast for breakfast. And no early-morning church meetings meant Jeff got to ride with us to church:) After church, we had a quick lunch and then Jeff was sent to his bed for some R&R. I accidentally fell asleep next to him for a while so our dinner/dessert wasn't done quite as early as I had planned but it was still yummy! We had chicken cordon bleu w/baked potatoes & corn, with Oreo truffle balls for dessert. Yumm-o! Jeff spent the afternoon working on YM stuff and relaxing. We gave him a new book by Mark Levine called "Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto" so he spent a few minutes getting into that. Madlyn & Cole both made him some cards and loved trying to spoil him:) I really hope that he felt the love that we all have for him. Speaking of love, there is no doubt how his youngest son feels about him - he can not get enough of his daddy - it is so adorable! We love Jeff so much and the kids are glad that I picked him to be their daddy!
Jeff & I both have great fathers and we love them! We got to talk to them a little bit tonight and hope they had a great day as well! We are especially excited because we get to see both of them within the next week and can't wait! Just a few of my favorites about my father-in-law and dad!
Dad L:
1) can always make me laugh
2) is so dedicated in his church service and righteous living
3) is a good grandpa
4) is so organized and self-motivated
5) has always made me feel welcome in his family
Dad D:
1) is my namesake and looksake (don't think that's a word)
2) has one of the best hearts of anyone I know
3) is very righteous and service-oriented
4) is a good grandpa
5) has some of the best original sayings
6) and for good measure, he taught me by word & deed how to be honest and fair
We love you, Dads!!!
OK, so I've been getting some requests for some belly shots and a pregnancy update. This first shot is at 14 weeks 1 day, which was just a little over 3 weeks ago. I know it doesn't look like much but it is definitely bigger than this same point in my other pregnancies.
Funny thing is that we were looking at some old pictures and found some of when I was just a little over 6 months along with Cole. My belly in those pictures is pretty comparable to what it looks like now. Scary:) I have been feeling the babies move quite a bit lately, although every time I put mine or Jeff's hand on my belly, they stop. I think it's funny - it's like 'Uh-oh. Dad's here. We better stop moving!' The movements are still pretty timid and I can't distinguish between Baby A and Baby B but I'm sure that will change soon enough. We have our 18-week ultrasound down in Temple with a specialist on Wednesday so if all legs stay uncrossed:) we should have a gender announcement soon! We are very excited but also very anxious to know how they are developing and hope that they both look good and healthy. We are so appreciative of all of your prayers and expressions of love & concern for us - we have felt them all! And thankfully, I have been feeling much better these days, if only I could avoid the nonstop heartburn:( We love you all & can't wait to see some of our AZ (& UT & VA) folks soon!
2 comments:
awwww your belly is so cute! :) I'm glad you're feeling good now- can't wait to hear what you're having!
Such a sweet post & a darling family! :)
Post a Comment