How grateful I am for the wonderful mothers in my life. There are many women who have influenced me for good, and I love you all! In particular, here's some of my favorites things about the mother of my husband, and my very own mother:Top 5 about Mom L.:
- she is always supportive of me as a wife and mother; she is never critical
- she helps me make things pretty
- she is a good grandma and loves my children
- she is a good example of righteous living
- she raised a wonderful man just for me:)
Top 5 about Mom D.:
- she taught me how to be a homemaker
- she taught me how to serve and love without judgment
- she is the most unselfish wife and mother
- she is a good grandma and loves my children
- she taught me that the Gospel and family are the most important things in life
Jeff & I are so grateful for our mothers - we love you! Also, I am very humbled and grateful to be a mother. I was spoiled today and loved it! Jeff got me a corsage to wear to church and then he stayed home with Lane who was sick (which made things a little easier to handle at church). I got to sleep for a couple of hours this afternoon and woke up for a delicious dinner of lasagna and corn on the cob and a yummy cookies 'n' cream pie for dessert. I hardly lifted a finger all day and I really appreciate his sacrifice. I was thinking that for me to get spoiled on Mother's Day, Jeff has to take over all of my usual roles in the home, such as preparing meals, cleaning, taking care of children, etc. For me to spoil him, I just have to do my jobs just a little better:) I think he makes a bigger sacrifice and I love him for it!
On a final note, I wanted to post something that Maddie did at school:
The Top 10 things I Love About My Mom by Madlyn
On a final note, I wanted to post something that Maddie did at school:
The Top 10 things I Love About My Mom by Madlyn
- You cook the best pie.
- You make me happy.
- You let me help cook.
- You read to me.
- You are the first mom I ever saw.
- You make sure I'm loved.
- You are good at reading.
- You are good at teatching.
- You help me clean my room.
- Mom I love you so much.
Hope y'all had a great Mothers' Day!!

3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day!
I was able to catch up on all your wonderful blogs I have missed lately. I love all the cute details about the kids. It makes me feel like I'm right there with them. What sweet words you wrote to me and your mom. You're so thoughtful and it definitely made my day...and of course makes me want to work harder to live up to them. You have a wonderful mother and it gives me great comfort to know all the things she taught you to be prepared to be the kind of mother you are. You will be especially challenged in the years ahead but I don't know anyone better prepared and qualified. Lucky Jeff and lucky children to have such an amazing mom. You're always in my prayers. Love, Mom L.
Tressa, thanks for the generous and nice comments. Boy wish I was as good as you make me sound. I sure love ya, Tress. Good luck and God bless!
Post a Comment