Mads lost her first top front tooth (I know - I really should have a picture of this one). She came home from school one day with her tooth super duper loose. So she wiggled and wriggled and jiggled it until it was barely hanging on. Jeff tied some dental floss around it and attached it to one of our GeoTrax trains. He put Mads in charge of the remote and so she started it and sent it wildly careening down a steep slope...er, she sent it haltingly down the slight incline. It didn't work. She tried one more time...no luck. She decided she'd had enough of the train idea and so we cut the floss off (some was still wrapped around her tooth) and she hung out like that for a while. Finally...after lots of drama & complaining & threatening by Mom to just pull it out, Dad helped her hold her mouth in warm water to soften the gums and she pulled it out, all by herself. Of course, the tooth fairy didn't show up the first night, or the second night. I'm pretty sure it will not be long before the jig is up with Maddie. Not because she's not innocent and trusting and believing but because seriously, how long can you really believe that the tooth fairy is that forgetful?
Cade is stinkin' funny. The other day we were looking at a shape book together and he asked me what a star says. "Stars don't say anything," said I. "Yes they do, Ma. They say...Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are...." Cade is definitely a challenge for me as a mother (not because he isn't smart, funny, or cute but because...well, you know). But I feel like we are making progress in our communications together and he seems to be more happy & well-adjusted these days. It is wonderful!
Cole is also hilarious. I work really hard to give him choices & options because he does NOT like to be told what to do. The boy cannot be rushed either. I can often be heard saying some of the following,
"Cole, if you don't do your chore then Mommy will do it because I need a clean house. But if Mommy does your chore then you will have to do one of mine in exchange."
"Cole, it is your responsibility to take care of this because it is yours and you got it out. If you don't take care of it, then it might get lost or taken away."
"Cole, it is your responsibility to take care of this because it is yours and you got it out. If you don't take care of it, then it might get lost or taken away."
So in theory, this works. And it actually does much of the time. But lately, this is what I've been hearing from Cole.
"Mom. You need to do this job because you have to do jobs for me."
"Who got my pajamas out for me? You. So that means you are responsible for putting them away."
"Who got my pajamas out for me? You. So that means you are responsible for putting them away."
Do you see how things have gotten a little distorted? I haven't quite figured out the best way to handle this one:)
Lane is a little blabbermouth. He talks a lot and it is really cute. The only problem being that you can't understand anything he says. He still hasn't said Mom or Dad where I know that's actually who he is referring to. The other night I was making pizza and he was "helping" me and I asked him to say 'pizza'. He did. It was soooo cute! So I kept making him say it over and over again so Jeff & the other kids could hear it. I think now he knows that he's performing and every once in a while, he'll say pizza just to see our reaction! Since then, he has imitated a couple of other words but I can say without a doubt that pizza was his very first word! Oh, Lane had a well check-up last week and he is in the 35th percentile for his height & weight. Can you believe that my 10 lb. 4 oz. baby is only in the 35th percentile? Crazy...
In other news, Maddie tried to watch TV this morning before church (we have 9am meetings). I had to ask her several times to turn it off. So...I decided that we need to take a little hiatus from the television and told them that we would not be watching at all this week (even Mom). They played so well all afternoon and didn't even ask to watch but this evening, Mads kept saying, "Mom...I really NEED TV." Um, do you think maybe she watches too much? I usually keep their TV time pretty regulated but the past couple of weeks I've been pretty lenient and obviously it is no good. Haha. Although, I probably should have thought before I gave my verdict because Jeff's out of town all week and I have a hard time going to sleep with him gone and I usually watch television until I can't stay awake any longer. Oh well, I'm sure this purging will be good for me too - it's not like I don't have plenty of other things to keep me busy. Like homework, right Mom??
Well...that's it for now. Maybe I'll update a little sooner this time...and with pictures!
Lane is a little blabbermouth. He talks a lot and it is really cute. The only problem being that you can't understand anything he says. He still hasn't said Mom or Dad where I know that's actually who he is referring to. The other night I was making pizza and he was "helping" me and I asked him to say 'pizza'. He did. It was soooo cute! So I kept making him say it over and over again so Jeff & the other kids could hear it. I think now he knows that he's performing and every once in a while, he'll say pizza just to see our reaction! Since then, he has imitated a couple of other words but I can say without a doubt that pizza was his very first word! Oh, Lane had a well check-up last week and he is in the 35th percentile for his height & weight. Can you believe that my 10 lb. 4 oz. baby is only in the 35th percentile? Crazy...
In other news, Maddie tried to watch TV this morning before church (we have 9am meetings). I had to ask her several times to turn it off. So...I decided that we need to take a little hiatus from the television and told them that we would not be watching at all this week (even Mom). They played so well all afternoon and didn't even ask to watch but this evening, Mads kept saying, "Mom...I really NEED TV." Um, do you think maybe she watches too much? I usually keep their TV time pretty regulated but the past couple of weeks I've been pretty lenient and obviously it is no good. Haha. Although, I probably should have thought before I gave my verdict because Jeff's out of town all week and I have a hard time going to sleep with him gone and I usually watch television until I can't stay awake any longer. Oh well, I'm sure this purging will be good for me too - it's not like I don't have plenty of other things to keep me busy. Like homework, right Mom??
Well...that's it for now. Maybe I'll update a little sooner this time...and with pictures!
5 comments:
Tressa, I love your updates and all the fun info about the kids. Last I talked to Maddie her tooth was just loose - what an exciting story about losing her first tooth. Cole told me about Lane's first word. (He keeps me quite informed these days) Good luck this week without Jeff. Love you all!
I am glad you updated, even if it is without pictures. :) I like hearing all your stories about your cute kids. I am sure Lane is getting big and I can't believe he is saying words already! Good luck with your goal this week and I hope you get some good homework time in!
I love your updates too! Even without pictures. :) Sounds like things are going well. I don't think I could go a week without TV {especially if Mike was gone - for the same reason as you - I can't sleep!} Cole sounds exactly like Brady (my 5 year old). It is so hard to get him to do anything and he is SO stubborn! It's very frustrating sometimes...but we gotta hang in there, right?! :)
Fun Fun update!
You have such a fun family! :) Love all the fun updates on those cute kiddos!
Post a Comment