We were out until bedtime last night so I had Maddie wake up early to take her shower this morning. She came out of the bathroom protesting, saying that "someone else is in the other shower and I don't want the water to be cold". I assured her that Dad would only be a few minutes and that the water wouldn't be cold. We checked it just to make sure and so she climbed in. As she was finishing, I went to check on her and she was not happy with me. Apparently, I was wrong and her water was COLD. She wrapped up in her towel and refused to get dressed because she was too cold:) Anyways, just a little bit later, Jeff came out and asked Mads how her shower was, if it was cold or warm. She gave him that look you saw in the picture (yes, she's good at it) to let him know that she was not happy to report that it was cold. I sheepishly asked Jeff how his shower was and he informed me that it was FREEZING and that hot water can't be used in two different places at the same time or it will just be cold for both. Sorry guys:)
This afternoon I opened the garage to go get Maddie from school and two dogs that were just roaming around the neighborhood decided to grace us with their presence. They ran into the garage, jumped up on me, and then proceeded to climb in my van! So if you know me at all, you know that I am not a dog person...AT ALL. I was totally chicken! I started yelling at them to get out and was so afraid to touch them lest they turn on me or one of the boys. They made themselves at home, one climbed up in an empty carseat and another walked all the way to the back seat (and they were not small dogs). I could NOT get them out. I was desperate. We were trying for several minutes and I was late to get Maddie and I didn't want her to be standing outside in the cold for too long...I wasn't sure what to do. But then I remembered the leftover ham I had in the fridge - I was saved! I ran inside, grabbed the meat, tempted the doggies with a couple of pieces and then threw it away from the driveway. They ran out and got their meat, we closed the doors as fast as we could, and we high-tailed it out of there. Of course this would happen to me.
Anyways, hope we gave you a little chuckle!
5 comments:
Hee hee!!! Hilarious! I remember a dog coming into our garage once...I was scared to death! You just never know with big dogs!!
I am not a dog fan either and would have been very upset at dogs in my car! What a funny way to get them out; those are some good stories.
I love the look on Madddie's face. Not a happy look. :)
If my hubby was home he may have wanted to use the dogs for target practice!! We are NOT dog people either (if you couldn't tell ;)
I would have FREAKED OUT!!! I'm terrified of dogs. I got bit by one when I was little and they have totally freaked me out ever since. Needless to say, I would not have done well in that situation!:) You were so smart to think of the ham in the fridge!
Post a Comment