We're sick at our house...AGAIN. I swear, I think someone in the family has been sick every day since before Thanksgiving. Of course, we've had short breaks where's everyone has felt good but even then, Lane's had a constant runny nose. Which doesn't help his ears one bit. Ugh!
Cole has been throwing up tonight. When stomach stuff comes around, I just dread Cole getting it because it always seems to hit him the hardest. Or maybe it just manifests itself in different ways with him. With the little guys, I get to change a few extra fun diapers. With Cole, he pukes. A lot. When he was about 15 months, he got the stomach flu and threw up for 11 days. It was terrible. We had just moved into our house and I remember sacrificing myself many times just so he wouldn't get it on the carpet. Those were days of many showers and many many loads of laundry.
So tonight Cole gets to sleep with us (trust me, it's a rare treat) so he doesn't have to climb all the way down from his bunk bed to make it to the bathroom. When I gave him the news, he smiled his sweet smile and said "Thanks Mom." I told him he just couldn't throw up on me:) He agreed.
Here's hoping that the rest of us stay healthy this weekend!
4 comments:
What a nice mom! Did Cole hold up his end of the bargain and not throw up on you? Hope everyone is feeling better and no one else gets it.
Oh no! I hate it when kids have the stomach flu, its the worst because there is really nothing you can do for them and they feel so miserable. I sure hope Cole feels better and that everyone else stays healthy!
No fun! Hang in there. I hope everyone gets well soon. You take such good care of those cute kids. :)
Boooo!
Post a Comment