8.30.2009

First Day of School

Madlyn's first day of 1st grade was Wednesday, August 26. We were all excited for her to get to go and make new friends! Her teacher is Mrs. Parker and is really nice and the room is very cute and organized (a definite plus in my book).


Madlyn was very excited about her 'first day' ensemble, especially the scarf!

Isn't she a cutie? We did her hair exactly how she wanted it, down with a purple Hannah Montana headband!


Some of Madlyn's favorite things about school so far:

"every day is P.E. day"
she has already made 5 new friends
she already has a "little crush" on a "cute" boy named Jeffrey with "dark hair"
tomorrow she gets to buy her lunch
getting to know her teacher better
the volcano science experiment she got to do on Friday (and then reenact with her dad & brothers yesterday)


I was pretty happy to receive a note from Madlyn's teacher on Friday that said, "I am so impressed with Madlyn. She is so sweet and is such a neat and a careful worker. We are off to a great start!" Of course, we think she is wonderful but it is so nice when others notice it too.

We miss having Madlyn around but are enjoying walking her to and from school every day and hearing all about what she's doing and learning. We love her so much and know she will continue to be great! And in other news, Cole starts preschool right after Labor Day and we feel so blessed to have found a group in our ward to do it with - it will be a great experience for us all!


5 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Madlyn looks like quite the little fashionista. :)

Davis Family said...

I remember loving my new clothes I got for school; that was probably more exciting than school itself! I'm glad she is enjoying school and that she is doing so well. How nice that you live close and can walk her everyday. Cole, starting preschool already? Your house is going to be different with those two gone!

The Whatcott Fam said...

I'm totally diggin' the scarf! I'm glad she's loving school, and that is so great that the teacher notices and TELLS you what a great girl she is.

n!c said...

I love the scarf!! So cute!

Michelle McClure said...

I love her outfit! She looks so happy! Sounds like she is adjusting well!