8.23.2009

Different House, Same Home.

First off, I just thought this picture of my niece Alli is stinkin' hilarious and just had to throw it in for her parents:) Apparently the kids got a hold of my camera at Grandma's house and had a little fun.


Since we've been here in Texas, things have been a little different. Our house is different. There are only 2 bigger kids' rooms instead of 3 teeny tiny ones, which means we don't have a toy room anymore:( I think that's why I haven't unpacked the toys yet, I'm just not sure what to do with them. There are 2 closets in the master bedroom, which gives Jeff reason to say he wants to rent this house forever. The backyard isn't fenced in (and we're on the corner so that's no good) but there's lots of nice grass to play on (nice, since we still hadn't planted grass in AZ). We have a working fireplace, which someone so graciously left a whole pile of ashes in for us. We have black appliances, which makes my white fridge look a little funny:) We have 3 HUGE "climbing trees" in the front yard. We have lots of extra closets everywhere, which I am LOVING! Check out some pics of our new place!

our lovely (can't you see the sarcasm dripping from that) green couch fits in perfectly in our family room


I finally got Maddie's letters hung up in her room (OK, my MIL did it but at least it's done). I've only been working on them for over a year so that's not too bad, right??


My piano fits so snugly on this wall.


It is the "lone star" state, ya know.


I love my family letters that I had made for my plant shelves...but they look pretty nice here too! (can you see my temple plate, courtesy of Sierra Ranch Ward Enrichment?)


My beautiful shelf that Jeff made me is finally living up to its full potential - I love it here in our dining room!


And this is where I plan to spend much of my time...just not making cookies :( I'm starting a wellness challenge tomorrow so I'm going through detox:)


And here is a nice view of the beautiful Brazos River that runs through Waco (and is also the namesake for Jeff's new employer, Brazos Electric).


We just had the most awesome rainstorm ever! It didn't last more than 20 minutes but dumped about as much rain as we might have seen in a good month in AZ! Maybe not quite that much, but it was cool!

Like I said, things are different here. But guess what? Cade still carries his blanket around and cries like a banshee when he wakes up from his naps. Lane still lights up when I walk into the room and cries when I leave. Cole still takes flippin' F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to do pretty much anything he does and tells me 'I love you' several times a day. Maddie still likes to have alone time in her room and to mother on her little brothers. Jeff & I still like to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie after the kids go to bed.

So, we may have changed locations and live in a different state and a different house, but the feelings here in Hewitt, TX are the same as in Queen Creek, or Flagstaff, or Mesa, AZ. We are still a family. We still love each other. We are home.

12 comments:

Marla said...

Love the pictures! And your right on. You are still a family and you do still love one another and you are home! Love to all of you.

Davis Family said...

I think your decorating looks great! You are 500 steps ahead of me. We still have boxes sitting around, but its a work in progress right? We miss all of you and hope you guys continue to enjoy your new place!

Katharine said...

I am glad to see that you guys are settling in. Change is hard and good at the same time. I know that! I hope you guys continue to settle in well. I also wish Maddie good luck on her first day of school tomorrow! She will do great!

The Whatcott Fam said...

Your house looks so cute!! Love it! I hope Maddie has a good first day of school tomorrow, and good luck on your first day of the wellness challenge!!

belle black said...

Your house looks beautiful! I love the decorations. So glad you're settling in and making the new house your home.

Chad~Nicole said...

How I'll miss those cookies! :) Glad you're settling in and making it feel like home.

Becky said...

Well said! I'm glad you're doing well, and settling in. :)

Brandon,Shara and Family said...

Glad all is well. Your decorations are so cute. Love the pictures. Hope all continues to go well for you. Take care.

McDougal Family said...

Your house is so cute! Glad to see you are settling in OK! And you are absolutely right - as long as you are with your family it doesn't matter where your house is.:)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are all settled! Your new home is so cute! I am so impressed that you have it all set up already! We've been in our house for 8 months almost and there are bare walls still. :-) Enjoy all the beautiful green you see in TX! We miss you, but so glad that you're doing well!

Stacy said...

I never really got to tell you goobye and now you're gone. I hope you love Texas as much as we love your family. You are right, no matter where you are, you are a family and that is what is most important. This coming from the family that has moved about 10 times in 18 years. WE miss you.

Vandee said...

Well it looks like you are settling in pretty good. Love the pictures, I cannot believe how fast your kids are growing up.