3.04.2012

What a Week!

We started off the week with a trip to the doctor's office for Callie & Kimber - they both had ear infections - yuck! No wonder they have been so grumpy:( It doesn't help that some big fat teeth are trying to come in - it has been a rough week for them.

Callie learned this trick first and likes to scavenge all of the food off the dinner table after we eat. Unfortunately, she taught her new skills to her sister and now they both move to the top of the table as soon as I let them out of their chairs. Funny girls. Thankfully they are pretty good about not trying to get off by themselves.


Thursday was such a beautiful day and so I got all excited and decided to take the kids for a walk and to the park. When I told Lane what we were doing, he started to cry and didn't want to go. I realized that he wasn't feeling well and since he has a history of ruptured eardrums and has been sniffly for a few weeks, off to the doctor we went. Sure enough...another ear infection. Poor guy.

Report cards came home on Thursday and both Madlyn & Cole continued their A+ streak - awesome! I am so proud of their hard work and diligence. They are both very good students and so smart. Also, Cade's pre-K teacher sent a progress report home a couple of weeks ago and he is doing great! He knows above and beyond everything that he is supposed to know. Also, Madlyn (who has taken upon herself the role of Lane's teacher) sent home his report card on Thursday as well. He has all A's and is a "pleasure to have as a student". I couldn't be a prouder mom.

Madlyn has been taking a recreational gymnastics class for the past 6 months or so and has been invited to step up to the preteam class. It is the next step if she wants to compete although she doesn't have to - she can just go learn the new skills and spend more time at the gym. At this point she is pretty sure she doesn't want to compete but would like to learn new skills and have more class time. We are proud of her accomplishments - she definitely loves gymnastics and is improving lots all the time.

Wow - this post was all over the place! And I'm pretty sure I mentioned some things that I already covered in my last post. Oh well. It happens.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Tress, What a precious family. So sad about the ear infections. Love your updates.

Marla said...

Wow another update. I can't believe how big all the kids are getting. May I interject a little tidbit piggy backing on dad's post--if you go to mittromneycentral check out a video called A love story. It was on page two today when I looked but the sight is ever changing. It is worth your time even if you aren't a mitt romney supporter.

Davis Family said...

It is so fun to see the pictures and to hear all the doings in your family. The girls are getting so big and are so cute!

Davis Family said...

It is so fun to see the pictures and to hear all the doings in your family. The girls are getting so big and are so cute!