3.08.2012

I'm a Proud Momma:)

I must admit, I thought I was pretty funny when I was a teenager. OK, so I still think I'm kind of funny. Hehe. It's perfectly fine for a person to laugh at their own jokes, right?

Back in high school, almost every day after school, I would hang out with my mother who was usually in the kitchen cleaning up dishes or getting dinner ready. I would often walk up to her and rub my hands through her hair like I was washing it and bust out singing, "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair, I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair, I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair...and send him on his way!" I'm telling you right now, it was pretty hilarious. If you don't believe me, just ask my mom:) She is a great mom, by the way.

Fast forward a few years and every time I wash my kids' hair in the bath - I sing the same song. I started with Maddie and I still do it with Callie & Kimber. Most of my kids have not even noticed my singing/washing rituals, unless it is Lane telling me that "I not a girl - I a boy!" (I change the lyrics appropriately for the boys:)) So nobody ever noticed, let alone thought I was clever or funny or anything. Until now. The other day I had the babies in the bath and I grabbed the shampoo. Immediately, Kimber started groovin' and singing in just the correct rhythm and intonations - I knew exactly what she was singing even though I couldn't understand her words! She was dancing, singing, and laughing -such a proud moment for me! Not to be outdone, Callie joined in the fun and now we all share a few minutes singing & dancing during bathtime - I love it!

Kimber is very musical and never fails to bust her groove every time she hears music - even if it is just music from a toy. She does this little wiggle from side to side and it is so cute! It's kind of like a little hula dancing - nothing really moves but her little hips - hilarious! Considering the fact that I can't keep from dancing when the music hits - I'm a proud momma!

1 comment:

Marla said...

and rightly you should be a proud momma! so am I!