Last night our company left - we were lucky enough to have Jeff's mom & his sister Noelle and her sweet baby Sabrina come visit for a couple of days - and we were a little bit sad. So we did what any good parents would do and set up the tent for an indoor campout! That got the kids' minds off of our lonely house and onto something fun & exciting. We got them all snuggled up with their sleeping bags inside the tent and we left to start getting ready for bed. Funny thing happened though; when I checked on them later, Madlyn was nice & cozy...in her bed. Cade was curled up tight...in his bed. Cole was the only one left in the tent and he slept there all night. I guess Mads & Cade aren't too big on camping:) They were so cute about it though and I just had to take some pictures!
I just thought this was a cute picture of Cade - he is pretty funny. Oh, I took him for his 3-yr. checkup on Friday and he weighed 31 pounds. I got to thinking about it and realized that he has only gained about 12 pounds since he was 4 months old. So either he is just small or else he was really huge when he was 4 months. I'm guessing it was the latter!
This boy just makes me smile! He has the funniest facial expressions and vocals! He just loves being a part of the action and thinks he is just as old as the rest of us! Tonight he came up to me and was telling me something and pointing. So I followed him to our front entryway to a closet. He had pulled the vacuum out and started jabbering...I guessed that he wanted me to vacuum. Well, it needed done so I plugged it in and started vacuuming. He lit up and did what he always does - he ran to the vacuum, stood right in front of it and laughed. He's been watching the boys who like me to chase them with the vacuum and I guess this is his little variation on that same concept:)
Seriously, don't you want to just eat him up?
OK so the tent thing was really not a good idea. We left it up today and let them try sleeping there again. Jeff & I have been in our room for over an hour and I just went to check on them because they started being noisy. The light was on and they had a whole party goin' on in there. Toys, cookies from FHE, all kinds of fun stuff! And Cade is seriously so funny. Whenever you ask him to get in bed, he will stand there (or walk super slowly) and say, "I'm gooooo-ing. I'm goooooo-ing." It is so funny. As I type, he is trying to sneak into our room like a puma:) He thinks that if he is on his hands & knees, I won't see him. Speaking of pumas, the other day Cade was looking at a BYU Cougars hat that we have. He observed, "Look Mom! It's a white puma!" "Cade, do you know what a white puma is called? (really it was tan but he doesn't know the difference) It is called a cougar." "No, Mom. Santa is a cougar. The puma is not a cougar." It took me a minute to figure out what in the world he was talking about but then I remembered one of his favorite Christmas movies is "Mr. Krueger's Christmas". Santa Claus, cougars, pumas....they're all connected!
Well that's it for now! I guess it's time for me to work on some other things - I've been procrastinating long enough!
Well that's it for now! I guess it's time for me to work on some other things - I've been procrastinating long enough!
3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute!!!!I love those pictures. We'll have to talk on the webcam again.
We want to come for a camp out sometime! Looks like you guys had fun and your kids are cute!
What a fun campout!
Post a Comment