5.05.2009

Only a Dad...

I got back a couple of hours ago from an awesome "Body Image" night put on by Castlegate Ward YW and it was amazing. It was nice to get away for a while and enjoy some adult time:) When I left around 7, the kids were in their jammies and Jeff was preparing to read and tell stories and get them to bed. I expected them to go down around 7:30. We have had some trouble with Cade coming out of his room over and over again so I was hoping it would go well for Jeff. This is the conversation we had when I got home.

J: Cade went down really well tonight.
T: Oh, good. Did Cole do well?
J: Yes.
T: Did Maddie?
J: Yes.
T: Oh, I'm glad. I was a little worried.
J: We finished reading at 8 and I left and they didn't come out once.
T: Nice.
J: Aren't you going to ask me how I did it?
T: How did you do it? Is it because you did such a thorough job of winding them down before leaving?
J: No, that wasn't it.
T: So what did you do?
J: I put soap on the doorknob.



15 comments:

Marla said...

Creatative Jeff! Glad you had a good experience and glad he did too! Love to you all!

The Whatcott Fam said...

NICE!!! Never thought of that!! :) You'll have to tell me all about the body image thing last night- Brandon had mutual so I couldn't go.

Davis Family said...

Thats funny! I will have to remember that one in case I need it in the future.

Morris Mama said...

How awesome is that? Very creative.

Chad~Nicole said...

Dads always have good tricks up their sleeves.

Becky said...

That's so smart! Way to inovate!

Shirlene Rogers said...

I LOVE IT!! Can I use that in my talk on Sunday!! Good job, Jeff!

Unknown said...

Hmmm....now you got me thinking. 10 points to Jeff!

Michelle said...

Very creative of Jeff and you have such a knack of writing things - so witty and insightful. I love reading your blog.

McDougal Family said...

That is hillarious!!!Such a great idea! Who would have thought? :)

Katharine said...

ha ha ha ha! That is so funny!

Karolee said...

This cracked me up! He is pretty creative. I heard that body image night was great. Wish I could've been there, but we had a cousin in town.

belle black said...

that's hilarious. and so very innovative! ;)

lyssamcaleavy said...

Way to go Bean...never thought of that one. I can't believe it worked. I'm still laughing. Tressa...loved the recipe! I'm going to go have some leftovers right now. Thanks!

Michelle McClure said...

GENIUS!