OK, so I really was going to post some pictures but our computer died and we haven't yet put the software for our camera onto the new one. And I'm not quite sure how to pull the other ones off of the old hard drive. So I guess I'll just have to ramble on like I usually do.
It made me laugh how many responses I got about Jeff's soap story; he didn't really want me to post it. He thinks blogs are a waste of time for the most part (hmmm, not sure where he came up with that idea) and laughs at me when I say something is "blogworthy". For instance, the other day we were talking and he said something about getting another'n. That is totally blogworthy. I mean, where did he grow up? Clay Springs?*
Today has been a rough day. We're working really hard at our house to not yell or be mean to our brother or ignore our mom. We get popsicle sticks in a jar with our name on it if we are caught doing kind things, being obedient the first time, etc. and get a stick taken away if we do one of the above misbehaviors. If the whole family has 100 sticks by next Monday, we'll get to go to McDonald's for ice cream cones for FHE. Nice concept, right? Well, what do you do if a certain little 3-yr. old doesn't have any more sticks to take away? And it's not like I'm pulling one for everything he does either - trust me, I'm cutting him a break. But seriously, it doesn't make anyone happy when the first sight & sound of my morning is Cole sitting on Cade's head and Cade screaming. Thankfully, I am being held accountable as well (Jeff & I have jars too) 'cause I really want to yell sometimes.
In other news, Cole is hilarious. He calls girls 'ladies'. We figured out that the reason behind this hilarity is because he is embarrassed by how he says 'girls'. I guess he says 'gills' or something like that. But I don't care because it is just about the cutest thing ever. He asked me the other day if Esse was a lady dog or a boy dog. I replied that I didn't know. He then said, "Mom. It doesn't have a bow in its hair so it's not a lady". Another day I was telling him that some friends were coming over (girls) and he was a little upset, saying "Mom, I don't want to have ladyfriends". Well good Cole, I guess I don't really want you to have ladyfriends either, but whatever.
Maddie just has a couple of days left of this school year and I am so excited! It has been a crazy year with a new baby and everything and it will be nice to not HAVE to have anyone anywhere at a certain time. Although I am planning lots of structured activities for the kids this summer so that we don't go stir-crazy so that should be good. We'll definitely be spending lots of time in Grandma's swimming pool - yay! And we'll get a couple of trips up to the cool mountains and to UT so "it's all good".
I've been playing baseball with Cade and he's good. Pretty sure he's gonna be a pitcher or something because he has a fantastic arm. Nice. Lately we've been practicing batting and he's even good at that. I am amazed - I hope he does me proud someday:)
Lane cut his first tooth on Sunday; maybe now I'll be able to sleep like a normal person. Probably not, but one can wish, right? Actually, I've been sleep-training him and things are getting better so I do have hope. Wish me luck!
Well that's about it. Not really but I don't want to bore you too much. Seriously, I could type all day about who knows what but nobody wants any of that. Thanks for stopping by!
*I love Clay Springs.
4 comments:
Cole is gonna be a ladies' man. :)
Fun, Fun! If I had all the answers it would be nice. Maybe I can send Lincoln to your house for a week and Cole can come here.
I love your updates...even though I see you often there's always something new to learn from them! :) We have done something similar to the popsicle sticks but with tickets, and there were several days that Camille would not have any tickets left to take away!
Your blog cracked me up. I love how you can articulate every day life in such a fun, interesting and clever manner. Keep up the good work with the popsicle sticks!
Post a Comment