2.27.2009

It may not be surprising to some of you to know that I often break out in loud, semi-obnoxious singing. The kind of singing that can be heard two houses down. The music for any particular day seems to carry a common theme for that day, whether it be happy, sad, or whatever. Some days you might hear me singing "Chi Vuol La Zingarella", "Pieta, Signore", or some other classical Italian piece. Good times find me singing "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today" and "Press Forward, Saints". A few days ago I realized I was going to town with

Git along home, Cindy, Cindy
Git along home, Cindy, Cindy
Git along home, Cindy, Cindy
I'll marry you someday.

I just caught the funniness in the fact that one of my best friend's name is Cindy...hmmm.

And then there was yesterday. It was dinnertime; I had just rushed through some homework for my Lit. class and Jeff had left to make some missionary visits. I was able to really sit down for the first time all day and the exhaustion started seeping in. It worked its way to my outer limbs and I just sat there, limp, and in a trance. Then it slowly came out in a low, throaty voice,

Ah gets weary, and sick o' tryin'
Ah'm tired of livin' and skeered o' dyin'

And then a Crescendo, the intensity increased

But ol' man river,
He jest keeps rollin'
He keeps on rollin'...a long.

It seemed to fit somewhat. I was WEARY (not so sick of tryin'). And so that's how it was, all through bath time and jammie time. I was 'toting that barge' and 'liftin' that bale', even 'gettin' a little drunk and landin' in ja-il'.

Pretty sure my kids thought I was a little nutso. And now you do too.

8 comments:

Davis Family said...

You have to be related to Buchanan. My life is a musical with him around!

Leslie said...

Too bad I don't still live a couple houses down so I could hear it!!

Marla said...

I already thought you were nutso. I remember "interpretive dancing!"

Becky said...

your post made me giggle. Thanks for a good laugh! I think most moms are nutso in some way or another. ;)

The Whatcott Fam said...

I thought you'd never ask :) hee hee

I love hearing about the "nutso" side of my friends! I don't know that I will ever be so brave as to post mine on my blog, but I do have a nutso side!

Michelle Bebe said...

Only a little crazy. But if I told you all of my craziness, there would be no denying mine.

I love to bust out in song and see the kids reactions. Nash usually doesn't pay attention and Knox smiles and drools. At least he likes it.

The Adams Family said...

sounds familiar...my favorite for like a week was "Crazy for feeling so lonely and I'm crazy for loving you" Now I have moved on to "Country Roads, Take me home". The all time best though is still Red Wing. I really bust that one out. And guess what my kids favorite night time song is....I've been working on the railroad. Now that is crazy.

Michelle said...

You have such a great range of songs and your voice is beautiful..keep singing! Sorry you have so much on your shoulders right now.