Yesterday...
I realized how fragile life really is and that as much as I'd like to think I'm invincible...I am not. I also discovered (or finally will admit) that I am not the great driver that I always thought I was. :) Or maybe I just don't make the wisest decisions when I get behind the wheel.Today...
I feel sooo grateful that my choice to make an illegal U-turn did not hurt anyone involved, but especially my 4 precious children that were with me in the car. I am so thankful that the men in the big huge Ford truck that hit me were so understanding and concerned for me and my children. I'm so grateful for the events that took place only a few minutes before my accident that helped me realize that my baby Lane was not properly buckled in his car seat. Given the fact that the impact was right where his car seat is, I truly feel that his little life was spared. I am thankful for good auto insurance and nice body shop workers who make me feel a little better about the situation. I am extremely grateful for my amazing husband who met me at the scene of the accident, helped settle my nerves, never said a condemning word to me, fixed our 'other' van so that we wouldn't have to rent a car, and overall was very concerned, supportive, and loving.
Today...
I am gathering my children even closer around me, relishing in their sweetness and goodness, and taking time just to be with them.
*Don't worry...I'm not taking time away from my kids to write this post...they are all having a much-needed rest.
6 comments:
So glad you and the kids are okay...
Wow! It really is scary when things like that happen. I'm so glad you and all your little ones are ok!
Life is precious. Little lives are even more precious. I'm glad you guys are safe.
WHAT HAPPENED?!!! I am so glad you guys are okay. WHere was it? I will call you tomorrow at a decent hour...not 2:00 am :) I have your plates too.
OH Tressa! I am so sorry! No fun getting in an accident, espcially when you are at fault....Darn it!
What a blessing about Lane's seat belt! Good faith promoting post!
I am so glad everyone is ok. We can't wait to see you guys and especially your little Lane!
Post a Comment