Maddie wants some hot chocolate. I'm in the other room taking care of the baby. "Mom, how do you make hot chocolate again?" "First you put some water in a mug and put it in the microwave for a few seconds and then you put your chocolate in and stir it up. Or you could just get some hot water straight from the sink and use that instead." "Mom, is the hot water on the left or the right?" "It's on the left." "Mom, how long should I put the microwave on for?" "30 seconds. 3 - 0." "Owwww." Madlyn is crying. "Maddie, what's the matter?" "Mom, it's too hot." I check out her cup. It's one of those plastic sipper cups that has a straw built in. Ooh, she must have taken a big sip. I feel the outside of her cup. It doesn't feel too hot. I'm gonna try it out and see how hot it really is. Oh wow, that is really hot. "Mads, I'm sorry. That was too hot." Ouch. I think we both need some ice to suck on. Yea, that feels good. Ow, seriously. This hurts.
*About 19 hours have passed. Tongue still hurts. There are little tiny blisters on the tip. Still drinking ice water to help soothe it. Madlyn's tongue looks fine. Lesson learned.
1 comment:
I love it! Jaydee has an obsession with hot chocolate too. Why do we even buy those stupid little cups with straws? Love the story. Keep writing I love your style. Hope your tongue feels better soon.
Post a Comment