We had a fun weekend in the mountains with my family. My two youngest brothers, Stanton & Lincoln, were in their high school's production of Crazy for You, we celebrated my nephew Braedon's birthday, and then my brother Buchanan blessed his new baby boy Cardsen. My grandparents were able to come from UT and we had a great time...although we really missed Colbran's & Camilla's families since they couldn't come.
Stanton was the lead in the play, Bobby Child, and did an awesome job! He had to learn how to tap dance during the past few months, and passed it off quite nicely. He has an amazing singing voice and did a great job in that area too! It was a little awkward for me to watch his stage kisses, I guess I'll never get used to the fact that my little brothers are growing up on me. :)
Lincoln was an Englishman and his first debut onto the stage was in a safari outfit, complete with too-short shorts and long socks to his knees. I didn't expect that, and it totally cracked me up! He did a great job and even had to sing some solo lines and got to sing a little duet with his big bro. The kids really enjoyed watching their uncles perform and I'm so grateful that they have such good examples for them.
In other news, my mother-in-law just told me that it used to be big to give married couples the following advice: When you say goodbye in the morning and greet each other when you come home, you should give each other a 15-second kiss. OK, 15 seconds is a LONG time for a little goodbye kiss. We've been trying it this week and it's kind of funny...I think we are both counting the 15 seconds down in our heads. BUT, it does make his coming home more exciting than ever! I will say that those high school kids have got us beat - I probably saw 10 long kisses during the play, each of which were at least 15 seconds and some were more like 30-40 (no kidding!) No wonder I was so uncomfortable!
I learned over the weekend that my blog is more far-reaching than I expected and I'm glad. I do worry sometimes about the public nature of it, but I am also grateful for the chance it gives me to keep in touch with past friends and even past YW leaders! So to all you who read and I don't know it, thanks for stopping by and feel free to drop a line any time! I'll be checking you out too!
4 comments:
You have such a talented family!
15 seconds really is a long time. That's funny.
1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand...is that how you count your 15 seconds?
I love reading your blogs. I wish I could write so well. As I ponder on all the blessings I have, my children are right at the top with their father. One of the blessings of having a relatively large family is that they set an example for each other,and they love and support one another. I know that it means a lot to the boys that their siblings are cheering them on. You older one have set a great example for the younger ones to follow and I believe the younger ones are also setting a great example for not just the older ones, but your children. That's what a family is all about!
It was sure fun to see you guys. We wish we were closer to everyone, but I am glad we had a fun weekend together. I have to send you a cute picture I took of Madlyn, she is a doll!
Post a Comment