If you were visiting our house last night (actually my in-laws' house; we spent the night - long story), this is what you would have overheard:
Mom (me): Come here, please Cole. It's time to get your jammies on.
Cole: Ruff, ruff. (on hands & knees and scooting forward)
Mom: Here puppy, puppy. Come get your jammies on. (whistle, whistle)
Puppy : Ruff, ruff.
Madlyn: Here, Dog. You need to come into the closet and have a time out. Mom, the dog is not behaving so he needs a time out, he can't get his jammies on.
Mom: OK, one minute time out and then it's time for jammies....(minute ticks by with scattered ruffs and scoldings by Madlyn, the apparent dog-trainer)
Here, puppy puppy. Now it's time for prayers. (more whistling and kissing sounds)
Puppy: Ruff, ruff.
Madlyn: Here, Dog. Follow me.
anyways, you get the picture. I really never thought I would resort to calling my children like I would a dog, but I guess whatever works, huh?
3 comments:
I just tracked you down from Stacia's blog. We have one too, but it's private. I'll send you an "invitation" as soon as I can pin down your email address. I've been wanting to call you and tell you how much Canon is learning at the music class. You'd think that since he doesn't actually sing much during the class he wouldn't be learning anything, but yesterday I caught him singing the hello song in his room and doing the actions to Skidamarink (sp?) Sorry he doesn't actually do them when he's supposed to. :)
Tressa - talk about creative! both the way you got Cole to get his jammies on and the way you captured it. You are a born writer!
That is so cute!!!!!
Post a Comment