I should have listened to you, Mom, when you told me not to 'wish my life away'.
Growing up, I was always wishing for the next stage in my life to come, and knew that life would be much better when I was 12 and in Young Women's, 14 and could go to Stake Dances, 16 and driving & dating, when I was 18 and in college, and then when I was married. Birthdays were a huge deal to me; I counted down for months before (and I'm pretty sure I was quite annoying about it). My mom used to tell me that I should enjoy where I was now and that I would get older soon enough. Mom, you were right. Now I am nearing my 26th birthday (aaah!) and wishing that I could still say that I am in my early 20's. I know that some of you may wonder what in the world I'm complaining about - 26 is still young, I know. But I am just realizing that the world is beginning to spin a whole lot faster than it used to, and that maybe I want it to slow down for a minute. 'Cause like my mom used to say, "there's no use rushing." Let me share with you a few events that happened this week to prompt these thoughts.
On Sunday, Jeff took the head rest out of Cadeson's carseat because he is getting so big. I didn't even notice that it was gone - he just fits so well in there. I realized that even though I just recently began putting him in size 3-6 month clothes, I need to begin the transition into size 6-9 month soon. (Technically, a baby fits into 6-9 month clothes when he weighs 16.5 lbs....Cade was 15.5 lbs 2 weeks ago and he seems much bigger already). I have always said that my babies don't stay babies long enough, and I am really feeling that with Cade. He is no longer a newborn; he is loving life and exploring the world. And isn't he so cute?
Growing up, I was always wishing for the next stage in my life to come, and knew that life would be much better when I was 12 and in Young Women's, 14 and could go to Stake Dances, 16 and driving & dating, when I was 18 and in college, and then when I was married. Birthdays were a huge deal to me; I counted down for months before (and I'm pretty sure I was quite annoying about it). My mom used to tell me that I should enjoy where I was now and that I would get older soon enough. Mom, you were right. Now I am nearing my 26th birthday (aaah!) and wishing that I could still say that I am in my early 20's. I know that some of you may wonder what in the world I'm complaining about - 26 is still young, I know. But I am just realizing that the world is beginning to spin a whole lot faster than it used to, and that maybe I want it to slow down for a minute. 'Cause like my mom used to say, "there's no use rushing." Let me share with you a few events that happened this week to prompt these thoughts.
On Sunday, Jeff took the head rest out of Cadeson's carseat because he is getting so big. I didn't even notice that it was gone - he just fits so well in there. I realized that even though I just recently began putting him in size 3-6 month clothes, I need to begin the transition into size 6-9 month soon. (Technically, a baby fits into 6-9 month clothes when he weighs 16.5 lbs....Cade was 15.5 lbs 2 weeks ago and he seems much bigger already). I have always said that my babies don't stay babies long enough, and I am really feeling that with Cade. He is no longer a newborn; he is loving life and exploring the world. And isn't he so cute?
Cole got his first major haircut on Saturday. He had gotten a haircut early in the year, but even though an inch and a half had been taken off, it was hardly noticeable. Saturday, Jeff persuaded me that it was time to cut off the beautiful curls....a very bittersweet time for me. Cole looks like such a big rough 'n tough boy now and I love that, but I will miss the look of the sweet little boy that was. Cole is growing up oh, so quickly, and it is so much fun. He is learning his ABC's (with the help of his big sister) and loves trucks, airplanes, helicopters, motorcylces...basically anything that makes sound and moves. We have been going to the home improvement stores a lot lately and he just loves it. Last night he kept telling me that we went to the store in Mamu's (Michael) truck and looked at wood. What a boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment