5.25.2007

Carrabba's...mmm, mmm, good

So Jeff & I went to Carrabba's Italian Grill last night for our anniversary. Neither of us had been there before but had heard great reviews from my brother and Jeff's boss Greg, so we thought we'd give it a try. As we were being seated, the hostess asked if we had been there and we said no. Later, while we were enjoying our hot bread with the yummy olive oil & spices, the owner of the restaurant came to welcome us and give us a plate of zucchini fries on the house. In response to his question, we told him that our 6-year anniversary and some referrals from Jeff's boss had brought us in. We then enjoyed the most delicious Italian food I have ever eaten: the zucchini was so good that I could have just stopped there, but I also had a minestrone soup that was to die for and Pollo Rosa Maria, which was grilled chicken breast "stuffed with fontina cheese and prosciutto, topped with mushrooms and a basil lemon butter sauce." Seriously, it was sooo good. Jeff enjoyed his favorite classic, lasagne, and it was delectable as well.

Throughout the meal, I dreamed of owning my own Italian restaurant someday...Camilla, do you want to go partners? At the end of the meal, our very friendly and efficient server Gordon brought us dessert and we were serenaded by the Carrabba's staff. He then told us that our meal had been taken care of and to enjoy our evening. Wow - we were blown away! We are definitely coming here again, we said.

As we were leaving, we found the owner to say thank you and found that Jeff's boss Greg had called earlier to let him know we were coming and to take care of us - wasn't that thoughtful? We also chatted with Gordon who, we found out, graduated from Mountain View High School just one year earlier than Jeff. What a small world.

On our way home, we stopped at Home Depot right next door, and as we were perusing the tools, Jeff said, "Oh no. We forgot to leave a tip." I was horrified. We had enjoyed a wonderful evening and Gordon had been so good to us...so we went back and I apologized to the hostess and asked if she would please give our tip to Gordon for us...good save! I couldn't believe we had forgotten and I was so glad that Jeff remembered in enough time.

Anyways, we thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Carrabba's...if you like Italian food, I give it my full recommendation.

1 comment:

The Adams Family said...

If I hadn't just eaten bbq ribs I would want to drive down to Carraba's right now. I love Italian food, and I have tried a recipe for the spices that go into the olive oil for the bread dipping and I love it. Someday I'll have to talk Dad into going while we are down there. I sure enjoy reading your blogs Tress. Love mom, again.