5.24.2007

I wish I had a picture...

It was six years ago, but it is still funny. I am laughing now just thinking about it. May had been perfect weather that year, right up to the week of the 20th...then it got super hot. In fact, I saw on the news today that May 24th, 2001 holds the record for the highest heat on that day: a whopping 109 degrees. It was not the best time for the air conditioning in your apartment to be broken. But it was. And I will never forget my sweet mom, sister, and 3 good friends staying in that toastin' apartment with me the night before I got married. Jeff & I had opted to wait until after the wedding to call the landlord about the air conditioning...after all, I had slept there a few nights the week before, and it was just fine. That was, of course, before Mother Nature warmed things up a bit.

OK, so picture this. My mom is laying on top of my bed, no covers, with the ceiling fan on its highest speed, sweating. My sister Camilla, friends Danielle and Mardi, and I are sprawled out on the couch and floor in the living room. But I think my most favorite thing to remember is friend Jamie lying on the floor with a small oscillating fan blowing right into her face. I think she may have been so close that she was actually touching the fan. And she stayed there in that position all night long. We were a sorry sight.

Well, thank you girls, for your constant love and support, even when things got a little hot and sticky.

1 comment:

The Adams Family said...

Boy am I glad you don't have a picture. That would truly be a "sore" sight for eyes. Oh the memories that make up our lives. Love ya, Mom