3.29.2007

Baby smiles, tumbling, and clean sheet day

Baby Cade has been smiling a lot more lately and I actually had a pretty good photo opportunity yesterday. He is such a pleasant baby and we really love having him around.

Madlyn went to her first tumbling class on Tuesday. She was a little worried (it was actually her first any kind of class) but she loved it. I didn't stay and watch because my little entourage (me and the boys) was a bit distracting for Madlyn and the other kids, but Suzy said she did great. When we got home, Madlyn showed me her 'donkey kicks', 'froggie jumps', and 'bridge falling down'. She was amazing. I'm so happy that she had fun and very excited to watch her learn more. Madlyn's big question after the class was this: "Why do boys do tumbling too?"

Aahh...Who doesn't love climbing into a cozy bed with cool, clean sheets? Yesterday was that wonderful day of days, Clean Sheet Day, and it felt so wonderful to climb into my bed after a long, tiring day of caring for children, cleaning, laundry, Achievement Days, and visiting teaching (note to reader: I didn't mention cooking - I can't be perfect). And since Cole has not been highlighted yet in this post, I will mention that he got to share in the joy of my fresh clean sheets when he woke up at 5:45 am and climbed into bed with me (I don't usually approve of co-sleeping, but since I had two boys awake and a husband leaving for work, I didn't have many options). It was definitely a treasure to have him cuddle with me this morning.

No comments: